first time builder.. issue with building

simpo

New Member
Maaaaaaaaaaaaaan..

I have ran into some issues while building my first computer. I have gotten all the parts together. Now, everytime I go to boot it on, I see my fans kick on for my videocard/heatsink and some led lights on the mobo. However, I can't get it to display anything on my monitor. I can hear the fans when I power it on, although, it seems much more quiet than a normal PC. I have alot of extra cables from my power supply (data cables and a few others).

I am hoping I didn't mess something up beyond repair.

Thanks for any responses..
 
what parts are you using? does the monitor give a no signal message? How about the graphics card, did you plug it into power?
 
what parts are you using? does the monitor give a no signal message? How about the graphics card, did you plug it into power?

yeah i keep getting a no signal message...

i am almost 100% everything is plugged in.. i got alot of extra cables from my power supply that seem to not have a place to plug in
 
yeah i keep getting a no signal message...

i am almost 100% everything is plugged in.. i got alot of extra cables from my power supply that seem to not have a place to plug in

Try using another monitor cable or use a different input, next i'd check the computer for any cables that might not be in properly.

can you list your system specs please? that will make things easier :)
 
. 1 LITE-ON 24X DVD Writer Black SATA Model iHAS424-98 LightScribe Support - Retail
. 1 Western Digital Caviar Black WD7501AALS 750GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard Drive -Bar
. 1 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
. 1 XFX HD-577X-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 1GB 128-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP
. 1 EVGA P55 LE 123-LF-E653-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
. 1 CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V
. 1 CORSAIR XMS3 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
. 1 Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor Model


Is there a guide that I can get that will help me understand where all the cables on the power supply should be going? Mainly confused by the hard drive and dvd writer..
 
I had the exact same problem with my build today. My problem was I had a bad RAM stick. It was almost the exact same ram as yours except a different brand (OCZ)

Try booting with one stick, and if that doesn't work switch it with the other stick. No guarantees though, but give it a shot.
 
Same issue. I heard some beeps when I started up my computer. I disconnected the DVD writer and the beeps were gone. However, still the same issue with no display on the monitor.
 
Go over all your connections - literally every connection.. make sure your graphics card is plugged in all the way as well as the connections to the power supply. If that doesn't solve it, you'll need to take out some parts and just have the bare minimum to boot and see if that works.

Make sure to unplug your powersupply before you go over each connection again.
 
Back
Top