First time builder need help!

gswarriors

New Member
So i have finally decided to build my first computer. My budget is about $1,000 w/o monitor, speakers, mouse and keyboard. For Cod4, starcraft2 (when it comes out), tons of music, some videos and school. Ill update more when i find out more detail on what i want to build. Just throw any suggestion you would want to give me.
 
How intensive are these games on the processor?

If they don't require super-fast processors, why not spend about $600 for the whole build? You can get an Athlon 64 X2 Socket AM2, motherboard, 2 GB memory, 320 GB hard drive, DVD burner, a case and a 80+ power supply (such as earthwatts) + keybd, mouse, and Acer monitor?

The processor is dual core Windsor core build at about 2.6 GHz. I wouldn't recommed Intel processors unless absolutely necessary because you pay for the name. I recommend a Seagate hard drive, nothing else and the 80+ PSUs tend to be more reliable than the regular ones because they engineer them better and they run cooler.
 
umm i would like to have an intel XD. but thanx for the advice

talk to me on aim if you could cause that is faster for me
sn: dtmkevin
 
Last edited:
How intensive are these games on the processor?
I wouldn't recommed Intel processors unless absolutely necessary because you pay for the name.

This was true back in the singlecore&NetBurst era. Now, the Core2 CPUs outperform similarly clocked AMD CPUs by a wide margin, OC better&run cooler, and with the recent price cuts Intels are the way to go. There's nothing inherently bad in AMD CPUs, but ATM intel CPUs just seem to offer greater potential for the price.
 
So this is what i have at the moment. Plz feel free to suggest anything else. Thanx
I still need to find the right motherboard.
Cpu:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037
190

Motherboard:

Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136185
100

Video Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150292
220

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820145197
136

Dvd-Burner:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135168
27

OS:
Ill probably be using windows vista home premium 64-bit
240

Monitor:
I already have one

Mouse:
I have one

Keyboard:
I have one

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133021
170

PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182069
105


Also can you tell me if these parts are compatible with each other
 
Last edited:
ok i have fixed up the list. i still need help finding the right motherboard and case thanx XD
plz tell me if all these parts are compatible.

Cpu:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115037
190

Motherboard:


Hard Drive:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822136185
100

Video Card:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814500037
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150292
220

RAM:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182069
105

Dvd-Burner:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827135168
27

PSU:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182069
or
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817814015

OS:
Ill probably be using windows vista home premium 64-bit
240

Monitor:
I already have one

Mouse:
I have one

Keyboard:
I have one

Case:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133021

170

thanx for all the help
 
Last edited:
Back
Top