First time builder problem :(

mshay

New Member
Hey so i built my computer and everything was working fine, i installed all my driver and blah, although my cable management is pretty bad i guess. I was downloading some programs, then all of a sudden it rebooted, and gave me errors when i tried to open applications. I could still open internet explorer. THen it got to the point where every time i booted up it would just restart before the welcome screen. Do you think this could be a problem with the harddrive? I ran the windows diagnostic tool and it said there was a hardware problem. I checked all the connections, they seem good. The hard drive was OEM, could that be causing the problem?

Currently installing windows 7 again, I will keep you guys posted.

Thanks for the help!
 
What information is listed on the blue screen. We need that in order to help you diagnose it.
 
Did you put thermal paste on? It could be overheating... That happened to my friend on his first build.
 
the heatsink came with that thermal strip. uhh i dont think thats the problem because the computer was fine until it just rebooted randomly. I was downloading a game and watching youtube videos, and from then on it hasn't been working
 
ok i got a new message....

Windows cannot install required files. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code: 0x8000FFFF

And another window:


setup.exe corrupt file
Exception Processing Message 0xc0000 102 Parameters
0x0000 7FEFD65715C 0x0000 7FEFFD65715C
0x0000 7FEFD65715C 0x0000 7FEFFD65715C

Anyone have any idea? Could it be my optical drive?
 
and after that... another one:

setup.exe - Corrupt File

Thefile or directory D:\windows\

and its kind of unclear because it looks like it is glitchy or something and the text is overlapping? and some letters are missing, i have no idea whats going on lol
 
Are you using a genuine microsoft Windows 7 install cd? Either its a problem with the cd or you have a hardware issue.
 
i had a perfectly fine install, and yes, its OEM but its genuine (i think thats what it means?). Something just happened, I think it is a hardware issue. My graphics card was really hot, do you think thats the issue?
 
unfortunately i cant...what do you suggest i do? at the moment i cant at least. my friend would probably have one but I'm not sure if hes up
 
You'll have to wait and try a different card to see if thats the issue or not. If not post back.
 
so.... i really think its either my hard drive or my optical drive, and im leaning towards my hard drive. Is there any way to tell which one it is?
 
and I got another Blue screen, it's:

*** STOP: 0x0000001A (0x00000000000041790, 0xFFFFFA800307E5A0, 0x000000000000FFF, 0x0000000000000000)

i think at least lol there were so many 0s
 
also i tried a different card and a different optical drive, so im pretty sure its the hard drive. I also tried taking out some of the ram. And, i read the reviews on the drive, and it seems like it fails a lot.... im guessing that is the problem.
 
Back
Top