First time PC builder - Need advice on parts

Is this any good?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Auryn

Hi there. This is my first time building a computer, so I'm not really sure about compatibility between PC parts, and what is good value for money. I got my friend (who has built his own PC which can run Witcher 3 and Star Citizen) to help me pick out parts, but we are unsure if the parts we have chosen are compatible with each other, or if this is a good selection of parts for what I want.

I want to play games (such as Fallout 4 etc) at low to mid settings (at least), and have online games (such as CS:GO etc) run as smoothly as possible with good lighting and frame rate.

I'm on a budget of not much more than €500/$555/£450. I've included the part list below, and would really appreciate it if you would give your feedback on its compatibility and if it's any good. Please let me know what can be improved about it by suggesting other parts. Thank you. :)

(Prices below in Euro)

-CPU: AMD FX-4350 (123)
-GPU: R7 360 (88.44)
-RAM: Kingston Technology ValueRAM 8GB DDR3L-1333MHz 8GB DDR3 1333MHz ECC memory module -(51.56)
-MOTHERBOARD: ASUS M5A97 LE R2.0 AMD 970 Socket AM3+ ATX (87.44)
-STORAGE: Western Digital Blue 1000GB Serial ATA III (54.74)
-OPTICAL DRIVE: LG 24x DVDRW SATA Rewriter - OEM (13.49)
-POWER SOURCE: Kolink KL-400 400W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply (38.77)
-WIRELESS CARD: ASUS PCE-N15 (34.37)
-CASE: Aerocool V3X Devil Red Edition - (33)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Cost: €525
Power Draw: 225W

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I know you have a budget constraint but building an AM3+ system at this point is nonsense. Where are you buying your parts from? Link the website and we'll help you better.

Auryn

I know you have a budget constraint but building an AM3+ system at this point is nonsense. Where are you buying your parts from? Link the website and we'll help you better.
I'm pretty sure most of the prices are from PcPartPicker (I think the cpu and gpu are prices are from the manufacturer). I can't really tell you because my friend made the list and didn't include links. I can tell you though, that the case is from Amazon UK. Sorry about not knowing where the parts are from. I'm completely new to this and just let my friend put whatever he thought best on the list.

Intel_man

VIP Member
Which country do you live in?

PCpartpicker has like 6 different websites based on the country you live in.

Auryn

What do you think of the $500 build in this video?:
(There's a parts list in the description).