fixing my friends HP computer...

Fure6

i haven't posted here for soooo long... :(

I agreed to fix my friend's HP computer becuase it wasn't starting up. Ben (my friend) said that he installed Roxio CD creator and restarted the computer after the installation. So he revs up the system only to find out that he couldn't log on, so he dramatically restarts the computer and does a system restore.

after system restore gets done he restarts the PC and it doesn't start up at all! it said "NSTLC is compressed" or somthing like that (i don't know the exact letters but i do know it starts with "N" and no, it is not the file format NTFS).

So when i got it, i put in the system disk that Ben got with the computer with WinXP on it and it doesn't boot to disk. After that i try my XP disk and it doesn't boot to disk (but i'm not totally sure that the cd can boot to disk). :confused:

After that, i put the hard drive in my computer and formatted the disk. I put the disk that Ben got in my computer to install XP on his harddrive, but i couldn't.

when i get done writing this thread, i'm going to put in my WinXP disk in and try to install my XP disk onto the hard drive.

DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY SUGESTIONS?

Last edited:

SFR

Truth fears no questions
Praetor said:
Isnt it hard to type in web-ebonics? :D
LOL

itz not dat hawd, it jus take sum pwactise...

..damn... oh well, that sounded more like my cousins toddler than it did web-ebonics...

Fure6

manix said:
ya wen u re start it pust f4 and keep pushining it u will be able 2 go from dere
seriously man...WTF???

is it truely soooo hard to type normal with english other than crap that people can hardly read? It may save time for you (even though you probably have enough free time on your hands) but it takes about 3 or 4 times as long for most people.

well, thanks anyways....i'll try that.