"Flame/hate" site

loreanco

What do I do to combat the bad publicity that a hate site is giving my business? I have an angry customer who, even after we solved the problems and repaired his issues, still put up a website against us. The person who put it up is an SEO expert and an affiliate of one of our competitors. His website coming up directly under ours on all major search engines and we're desperately trying to optimize our position. We're building quality links, working with SEO firms and doing any little thing we can.

This spam artist is submitting his website over and over, cloaking, and conducting other "no-no's". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get us up and get this guy down?

Thanks!

ian

Administrator
Staff member
There is no way that I am aware of, of pushing them down. I would just concentrate on keeping your site high, and possibly having sites in between that rank above theirs.

narafa

loreanco said:
What do I do to combat the bad publicity that a hate site is giving my business? I have an angry customer who, even after we solved the problems and repaired his issues, still put up a website against us. The person who put it up is an SEO expert and an affiliate of one of our competitors. His website coming up directly under ours on all major search engines and we're desperately trying to optimize our position. We're building quality links, working with SEO firms and doing any little thing we can.

This spam artist is submitting his website over and over, cloaking, and conducting other "no-no's". Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get us up and get this guy down?

Thanks!

Try to tell the public in your website that what he is doing is nonsense and that he does this just to ruin your business out of a dirty competition work. If he is an affiliate of one of your competitors and doing this, then probably your business is better than their ones, and you are a better company, so try to convince your visitors about this, and try to take legal actions if possible and consult attorneys first.

Thanks,

dumbgwailo

You could always set up around 20 new sites praising your website, and send the other guy's customer support email thousands of emails with huge attatchments to try and knock him offline....

Another thing you could try is set up another website with several thousand links to YOUR site. That way it'll show up higher on searches.

narafa

dumbgwailo said:
You could always set up around 20 new sites praising your website, and send the other guy's customer support email thousands of emails with huge attatchments to try and knock him offline....

Another thing you could try is set up another website with several thousand links to YOUR site. That way it'll show up higher on searches.

Don't try to fool the search engines, they will know you are trying to and might ban you completely from the index, beware.

Hellbreather

Not always Google will most likely find out, but I dont think many search engines care that much to be honest. It's just going to turn into one big Hate/flame/spam match soon.

narafa

Hellbreather said:
Not always Google will most likely find out, but I dont think many search engines care that much to be honest. It's just going to turn into one big Hate/flame/spam match soon.

Sure.

When we talk about search engines, we mean google of course :D

Hellbreather

Narafa we gotta stop meeting like this lol :D
I think all other search engines has become obselete since Google was released. It's like the other day I said to my mate
"If you cant find it on Google try Ask Jeeves"
And he said "Ask wha???"
Seems our other search engines are slowly being forgotten

OH WELL lol :D

narafa

Ya, we need to stop meeting :D

By the way, my name is Nader Arafa, so just call me Nader. narafa is not a name actually in my language, I am just using it as an abbreviation cause someone took the user nader :mad:

And tell me, haven't you heard the news, Ask Jeeves were sold for a $20 Billion dollars recently. Looks like there will be no Ask.com anymore :D

Just kidding of course.

Hellbreather

It wouldn;t surprise me if they were sold. I mean Ask.com even advertised on UK TV and still Google is still more used than Ask.com lol

narafa

Well, ya, usually you advertise because you are very weak infront of your competitor, or you advertise just to remind your clients that you are there. Google does not need any ads as the word "Ads by Google" is spread over the internet in millions of pages :D So why should they advertise?

flame1117

banned
Heres what you do, Firt yous going to want to get alot of gas cans and fill them up then make sure you have a good lighter on hand....