Flash Drive, File Transfer, Lost Connection?

ScottALot

Hey y'all.
So I have a Kingston DataTraveler SE9 16GB flash drive and I'm trying to transfer a ~2.5GB file to it. In the past, it never had an issue doing this...

So what's happening is that I plug the drive in, let Windows see it, then copy+paste the file that I want to transfer. First time I did this, I was using TeraCopy and it goes to about 16-17 percent then gives me a "Device Not Ready" notification and halts the transfer. I tried pausing and resuming the transfer but it wouldn't budge. So I uninstalled TeraCopy and tried using Windows file transfer. Similar deal, it zips quite quickly (5 seconds or so) to about 50%, then gives about 6 minutes to complete, then about 23 minutes, then it gives me an error that you'll see below. I thought, "Maybe I have it in FAT32? I'll format it in NTFS!". It formats, and, still, the issues remain.

Also, I've included a screenshot of Acronis Drive Manager that shows a few errors occuring... they look like they happened during these attempts.

jwqDNX1.png

9HE3LMJ.png

02Q0Azv.png

VIFD2Pu.png

4AXF1WL.png

Geoff

VIP Member
Sounds like the flash drive is corrupt and no longer usable, which I've seen happen quite often as flash drives aren't the most reliable storage media. Did you drive copying another large file or use a different computer?