Floppy Drive

heinzbitte

I would try using a different floppy drive to see if it works. I purchased a different brand floppy drive from newegg. And I got the same problem. I requested an RMA and sent it back in. It cost 4.50 for shipping. So I spent a little more than if I had purchased it at a store.

Greenheadhunter

I don't think it's the drive because my neighbor bought a NEC floppy and it's doin the same. The driver is fine on both mine and his computers. Is there any format involved?
HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heinzbitte

Is your cable plugged in correctly. Make sure the red strip goes to pin 1. And make sure that the correct end is plugged into the motherboard.

neslo1211

You said that your neighbor bought one and its not working also...............are you using floppy disks from the same box..........if so the floppy disks may be bad (they aren't the most reliable way to store things)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
Does you're cable have two ends on it? Use the other end if you can. If it's a standard cable(not rounded), make sure it's the end with the twisted cable. Also make sure all pins are connected, and that you don't have it on crooked or pershaps just plain not touching some pins.