Folder disappeared on desktop

aliarash

when I dragged a folder from desktop to memory stick folder has disappeared from desktop. It is not in recycle bin and memory stick.

jamesd1981

your sure, you didn`t drag it somewhere else by accident, have you tried searching for the file by name ?

OverClocker

it will not disappear just like that if it wasnt dragged somewhere else. does this happen to all folders? maybe you can do a search.

aliarash

yes,I searched in recycle bin and computer driver but I couldn't find it.
Logically when it drags to memory , It shouldn't disappear !

konsole

Dragging a file to another drive just copies it over so it should be still in the same place that you copied it from and on the memory stick. Try searching for files that were in that folder but if the file just disappeared you could be dealing with a drive with bad sectors.

Nanobyte

If you have some idea of the file name, search all drives by that or use wildcards for parts you don't remember abc*.doc, *.htm, *movie.mpg, a*.*

This sort of thing is not rare. As you drag a file over other folders, one folder may expand at the very moment you drop it and it ends up in that tree. If you take a look at the folders near the memory stick it may be in one of those.