Folding@Home Contest

aviation_man

I concur. We had a substantial increase on our teams points during the month of November's folding contest; thus, if anyone willing to set it up, that is, that would be great.

Candy

How does it work? Person who gets the most points in a month wins?
I think it will be a good way to stimulate the team.

Bodaggit23

How does it work? Person who gets the most points in a month wins?

No. That would be unfair to people that can afford nicer rigs.

Everyone that enters gets their name put in a virtual hat, and then winners are drawn from them.

ScOuT

VIP Member
No. That would be unfair to people that can afford nicer rigs.

Everyone that enters gets their name put in a virtual hat, and then winners are drawn from them.

Nice...I knew it was just a matter of time!:D Great idea Bodaggit, that is the only fair way to do it (I think) I am in the middle of Afgahnistan, can't really offer anything this time:( I will be watching it daily and monitoring the results.

If anybody feels like running it, I can help a little.;)

My wife and daughter will Fold during the actual Folding Marathon:cool:

G25r8cer

Nice I am excited

Im gonna try to pick up a 9600gso on ebay for this marathon. It should be alot better off than my 8600gt.

ScOuT

VIP Member
Could someone explain what this is? :confused:

Folding @ Home is a computer program we run that receives work units. Your computer processes them and you get points for finishing. Computerforum has a team that "Folds"

We have done small internal competitions within the forum and had a lot of fun and gave away prizes.

Here is a few links:

Folding thread
http://www.computerforum.com/62246-folding-home-cf-official-discussion-thread.html

November Folding Marathon
http://www.computerforum.com/162833-november-folding-marathon.html

ScottALot

**** I missed the last one by days because I just got the last part of the computer in.
Now I'm missing this one because my rig is at my mom's.

DAMN

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
**** I missed the last one by days because I just got the last part of the computer in.
Now I'm missing this one because my rig is at my mom's.

DAMN

We haven't started anything yet don't worry ;)

I'd organize it, but I don't think I'd be too good at it. I just thought I'd pop out the idea as I've noticed the work units have been a bit on the low side lately.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I have nothing for a prize unless someone wants some old DDR 256MB PC2700 sticks :D

Drenlin

I'll join in now that I have a computer that won't melt, but I don't know that I'll contribute a whole lot with a Northwood P4....:(