Following people on Facebook

Dimitri

I went to a friend's page and clicked on "follow" and tried to set it to have his posts show up first in my feed, but FB tells me I have already set too many people to "first" and I have to remove someone from the list.

The weird thing is I also follow a huge number of pages (not people) and I still can set pages to "first" just fine.

But, ok, so I have to remove someone from the list. I click edit list and it shows me this very limited list which is completely incoherent in that it shows SOME things I liked and SOME things I follow. So it is neither a list of all the things I liked nor all the things I follow. It just shows me SOME of both. What the criterion here is, I know not.

It appears that pages I can set to "first" just fine, but I can't add any more people to "first."

Does anyone know how exactly this works and how I might add more people to the first list without having to remove stuff, because it obviously can be done with pages?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
How often do you visit facebook? If everyday, just change it so your feed is set for most recent instead of top stories. Just click on the 3 dots to the right of newsfeed on the left and click on most recent. It shouldn't take you long to see daily things posted to your feed. AS far as I'm concerned, facebook has a bunch of bugs they need to work out.

Dimitri

But that's not what I'm aiming for. I follow a huge number of pages and what I'm trying to do is assign priority to certain pages that are more important to me so that their posts don't get lost in the shuffle.

So for ex. some important page made a post and I want to make sure I see it, rather than it getting buried under 100 other posts. By putting it on "first" it will sit on top of those 100, regardless of those other 100 being more recent.