For sale: Custom built PC Dual core

Dystopia

I listed a computer a few days ago. Things have changed, I have a better GPU and more time to list EVERYTHING! Here are the parts:

Motherboard: Socket AM2 MSI K9N4 Nforce500 SLI has 4 SATA ports, 1 Mic, front, back, central, subwoofer, SLI ready, 2 IDE, 2 USB Ethernet

CPU: Socket AM2 AMD Atholn 64X2 Dual core 4000+ 2.1 GHz Oced to 2.26 GHz, 1MB L2

GPU: 256 Leadtek 8600 GT before this was a 256 8500

RAM: 2gb 800Mhz PC6400

HD: 80GB Seagate barracude SATA

Case: Raidmax Scorpio Black Steel (see below for pics)

PSU: 400W 1 +12V rail 20+A

Optical: DVD/CD drive.

Wireless G Rosewill with antenna 6 foot "pigtail"

XP Pro (I can wipe the OS too, if you want.)

As you can see in the pic, you have a door covering the DVD drive bay. If you see 2 DVD drives in the pic, IT ONLY COMES WITH THE TOP ONE!!! This PC is ready to roll and play all the newest games. I am asking $450 USD for it, $20USD shipping. PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE INTERESTED THANKS!!

Here are the pics:

Last edited:

Cleric7x9

i feel like all i do is bash these for sale threads, but what the hell is wrong with you people? that computer is worth nowhere near $450!

Dystopia

You realize that the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT is actaully not that bad a card? I mean, the card I had in here before? THAT was crap, the 8500GT...But why don't you offer me somthing better instead of criticizing (i didn't spell that right...) me?

Dystopia

Oh and i'm throwing in a 40Gb 5400 "ide" hard drive, but it's the 2.5 inch one so you will have to get an adapter, which is like 7 bucks.

bullzi

Motherboard: Socket AM2 MSI K9N4 Nforce500 SLI has 4 SATA ports, 1 Mic, front, back, central, subwoofer, SLI ready, 2 IDE, 2 USB Ethernet
$30

CPU: Socket AM2 AMD Atholn 64X2 Dual core 4000+ 2.1 GHz Oced to 2.26 GHz, 1MB L2
$30

GPU: 256 Leadtek 8600 GT before this was a 256 8500
$40

RAM: 2gb 800Mhz PC6400
$20

HD: 80GB Seagate barracude SATA
$20

Case: Raidmax Scorpio Black Steel (see below for pics)
$40

PSU: 400W 1 +12V rail 20+A
$20

Optical: DVD/CD drive.
$10

Wireless G Rosewill with antenna 6 foot "pigtail"
$20

i feel like all i do is bash these for sale threads, but what the hell is wrong with you people? that computer is worth nowhere near $450!

+1

That total is $210 for the parts. Add XP Pro and you've got yourself $320. That is what I would pay, and that is what that computer is worth. It is nowhere near $450.

Last edited:

Cleric7x9

You realize that the Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT is actaully not that bad a card? I mean, the card I had in here before? THAT was crap, the 8500GT...But why don't you offer me somthing better instead of criticizing (i didn't spell that right...) me?

dude it doesnt matter if the card is better or worse than what you had in there, what matters is its value. im sorry, but its just not worth that much, welcome to the computer world

scooter

banned

Hey man,

It's not just the card, its the whole system...its just very, very dated now!

Not criticizing!! It happens to all of us.--It's just the nature of selling stuff....we all think our stuff is worth more than what the market will pay.

I'd shoot for $250-$300.00 max and you should find a buyer.

Cheers

epidemik

But keep in mind, youre more likely to get the price you want selling locally to people who dont know how to build instead of people on a computer forum focused on building who could build the same machine quite a bit cheaper.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Let the guy sell it for what he thinks it's worth. No one here will likely buy it, but if someone did, then it's the buyers fault for not doing the research. We really need to stop shitting on the threads in this section.

DirtyD86

banned
Let the guy sell it for what he thinks it's worth. No one here will likely buy it, but if someone did, then it's the buyers fault for not doing the research. We really need to stop shitting on the threads in this section.

i agree, but the value of that computer if bought NEW would cost well below his asking price. and when a PC it used it automatically loses a huge chunk of its value.

i think the people saying 350 tops are being generous. if i were a potential buyer i might pay 250 shipped for that rig

funkysnair

VIP Member

i agree.....

us people in here have the know how on the computer building.

Dystopia

you guys have a point in the fat that it would be cheaper to build it...remember that if you were to buy a pc in BEST BUY you would get a PC this good for 470 "shipped" (they don't have shipping but you get my point...)

DirtyD86

banned
you guys have a point in the fat that it would be cheaper to build it...remember that if you were to buy a pc in BEST BUY you would get a PC this good for 470 "shipped" (they don't have shipping but you get my point...)

but the problem is that you are at a forum where all the members can build a PC with their eyes closed, and most enjoy doing it themselves rather than buying one prebuilt.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Well he did build it you could say that $50 was for his labor. Whenever I touch a clients system I bill them regardless of what I am doing, even if I am just consulting. I don't do sub contract work really any more but that is how it is done.

DirtyD86

banned
Well he did build it you could say that $50 was for his labor. Whenever I touch a clients system I bill them regardless of what I am doing, even if I am just consulting. I don't do sub contract work really any more but that is how it is done.

yeah but what i am saying is that most of the people here know how to build PCs, and most would probably prefer paying x amount of dollars for a PC and put it together themselves rather than pay for a prebuilt machine of the same cost. anyways it doesnt matter. like mep916 said, its his thread and he is free to do as he sees fit

Last edited:

Dystopia

but the problem is that you are at a forum where all the members can build a PC with their eyes closed, and most enjoy doing it themselves rather than buying one prebuilt.

lol true, but i wonder, why are they looking at my copmuter to begin with if they could build it themselves. I was just hoping.

JlCollins005

elim like they said id try selling locally like on craigslist or something, but the specs of that computer, and how dated they are i dont expect u to get much over 300 maybe. ive seen much better computers sell for 350-400 on there, but u might catch some1 that doesnt know much about comps and buy it u never know