Forcing "Windows Error Recovery"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jumpton

Heya. :)

I'm having this problem where I want to force Windows to switch to the Error Recovery screen on startup. I've been trying for the last 2 days but nothing has been working. (Windows 7)

I want to get to this screen exactly:

maxresdefault.jpg

But I just don't know how to. I want this to pop up at startup but I wouldn't know how to. I've tried holding the power button at startup or at shutdown but after I start it back up again it just loads windows as normal. Is there any way I could get this exact window to pop up at startup on Windows 7?

Thanks in advance. :)

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Just press F8 before the Windows boot screen whenever you want to enter recovery mode. Then select "Repair my computer".

I don't know why you want to have it do that EVERY time.

Jumpton

Just press F8 before the Windows boot screen whenever you want to enter recovery mode. Then select "Repair my computer".

I don't know why you want to have it do that EVERY time.
So that's the thing. What I'm trying to do is get that exact thing, if you do repair my computer it works diffrently because you would need to login first. If you do startup repair you skip the whole signing in thing. That means that you can have admin privileges when doing startup repair. So is there any way I could get that screen without F8?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Boy am I ever confused on why you want this to happen. It will only boot to that screen when it detects an OS loading issue. Technically it should pop up when system was shut down in the middle of the boot process or just shut down when in operation without actually going through the shutdown process.

Jumpton

Boy am I ever confused on why you want this to happen. It will only boot to that screen when it detects an OS loading issue. Technically it should pop up when system was shut down in the middle of the boot process or just shut down when in operation without actually going through the shutdown process.
Yeah so the boot thing doesn't work. But how could I create a loading issue? So that that event will trigger?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
But I don't get why you want this screen to load every time? Why not just boot into windows and go???

The thing is, it won't load every time. Thats not the purpose of this screen. You said something about admin privileges, as long as you have an administrator account you can do whatever you want.

(Oh I see said the blind man) you must not have an admin account? If that is the case then we can't help you.

Jumpton

But I don't get why you want this screen to load every time? Why not just boot into windows and go???

The thing is, it won't load every time. Thats not the purpose of this screen. You said something about admin privileges, as long as you have an administrator account you can do whatever you want.

(Oh I see said the blind man) you must not have an admin account? If that is the case then we can't help you.
The thing is... I want to get to those admin priveliges by an exploit with that screen. So that's why I want to get that screen to load. Not every time, I just want it to load that's all.

Status
Not open for further replies.