N newbee33 New Member Jul 31, 2008 #1 My cd drive no longer works. How can I format my PC to the original state I got it in without being able to use those cds?
My cd drive no longer works. How can I format my PC to the original state I got it in without being able to use those cds?
cohen New Member Jul 31, 2008 #2 boot off a USB..... I know you can do it, but someone else might be able to help you. I think g25racer knows how to.
boot off a USB..... I know you can do it, but someone else might be able to help you. I think g25racer knows how to.
StrangleHold Moderator Staff member Jul 31, 2008 #6 You can format your drives using many different ways, but that leaves you with a drive empty. You need a OS CD- A restore CD or if its a OEM computer a small partition on the drive with the restore files to reinstall the OS.
You can format your drives using many different ways, but that leaves you with a drive empty. You need a OS CD- A restore CD or if its a OEM computer a small partition on the drive with the restore files to reinstall the OS.
tlarkin VIP Member Jul 31, 2008 #7 Replace your CD drive they are like 15 bucks at a computer store. Heck, you can buy OEM DVDRW drives for $30 these days.
Replace your CD drive they are like 15 bucks at a computer store. Heck, you can buy OEM DVDRW drives for $30 these days.
G25r8cer Active Member Jul 31, 2008 #8 ^^ True The only way to do it is to have a drive or if you have an ISO of the XP disc then you could do it but, I doubt you have that.
^^ True The only way to do it is to have a drive or if you have an ISO of the XP disc then you could do it but, I doubt you have that.