Formatting PC to original state WITHOUT cd's

newbee33

New Member
My cd drive no longer works. How can I format my PC to the original state I got it in without being able to use those cds?
 
boot off a USB.....

I know you can do it, but someone else might be able to help you.

I think g25racer knows how to.
 
You can format your drives using many different ways, but that leaves you with a drive empty. You need a OS CD- A restore CD or if its a OEM computer a small partition on the drive with the restore files to reinstall the OS.
 
Replace your CD drive they are like 15 bucks at a computer store. Heck, you can buy OEM DVDRW drives for $30 these days.
 
^^ True The only way to do it is to have a drive or if you have an ISO of the XP disc then you could do it but, I doubt you have that.
 
Back
Top