Forum wars 2011

El Gappo

All forums are welcome to go play.
Forum Wars 2011 begins Feb 1st ~ March 5th 2011
This will be our biggest show yet..
Currently our sponsor list is getting really big with some fantastic prizes.
Onboard for next year...
NZXT.. with 7 cases, a gaming mouse & 2 display fan/temp controllers
CoolerMaster.. with 5 cases
CPU Magazine... 10 one year subscriptions
Crucial.. three DDR3 Kits 1600 8-8-8-24 (3x 2gb) with LEDS
Noctua.. A very nice heatsink & fan assy

also.. I have been in contact with Western Digital, Intel, AMD/ATI, Nvidia & Thermaltake

And that's just for competing :eek: Reckon you guys can get a team together this year? http://www.theraptorpit.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6286-forum-wars-2011/
It's an overclocking competition between various forums from all over for those who dont know.
BTW mep try not to ban me this time :p

bomberboysk

hahaha sorry about that mate :eek:

Yeah, I'd like to hear bomber's thoughts on this. Maybe we can throw a team together.

Well, i'm normally with the guys at 411 for the warz..but if we can throw a team together it would be great to get some benchers here at CF:good:

By feb i should have the money few a new bench setup/pot as well:D

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
I have read it, but don't quite get how it works. Does every member do so, or is it just the one member that can get "the best"?

If it is everyone, I wouldn't mind taking part, so long as I don't drag the score down (If it is possible. God I feel like an idiot right now, I don't know if I am making sense :p)

Gabe63

OK, so I figure some of you who are hard core into this know what it takes to win. If money is a limited object (no 4k processor, $1k ok) what specs would win, or be close?

El Gappo

Not any more thanks to new class rules :( Good air chips will rule I bet.. Anyway Bomber looks like you best get to work making a new section! See you in the pit :p

bomberboysk

Not any more thanks to new class rules :( Good air chips will rule I bet.. Anyway Bomber looks like you best get to work making a new section! See you in the pit :p

You gonna bench for us? We're gonna need all the help we can get:p (no disrespect to most of you guys here, but AFAIK only a few of you have really ventured into any type of benching).

Just reading through the new class rules....i liked the rules that the winter warz ran under better=/

El Gappo

Nah.... Still running the OCN team, got defending my title to think about.

We won winter wars with a team we put together overnight. As long as you think about who goes where etc you should stand a chance ;)

bomberboysk

Nah.... Still running the OCN team, got defending my title to think about.

We won winter wars with a team we put together overnight. As long as you think about who goes where etc you should stand a chance ;)

Yeah, 411 sorta didnt do well at winter wars, i wasnt able to get as much benching in as i wanted because of having issues with my benching HDD, so i had to try to bench in my 24/7 install of 7, and then my TEC that i was using in addition to my bong went out on my....wasnt a very good war for me haha(i was only running the 2nd lowest class, quad & single gpu).

El Gappo

Same class as me then! Came second with a 955 and a 5770 which wasn't to shabby :) took the team win there tho.

411 just needs some more organizing.