Forza Motorsport 6: Apex Coming to Windows 10 For Free

Darren

Staff member
I haven't touched it since like the first week. Lol. I should. I have noticed that there's a Forza Apex process running in task manager literally all the time though, despite not having played it in weeks. It uses less than a MB of RAM and doesn't do anything, but it's a little sketchy that it's always on.

spirit

Staff member
I haven't touched it since like the first week. Lol. I should. I have noticed that there's a Forza Apex process running in task manager literally all the time though, despite not having played it in weeks. It uses less than a MB of RAM and doesn't do anything, but it's a little sketchy that it's always on.
I've just noticed that! I've never even opened the game and it's there!

Darren

Staff member
I've just noticed that! I've never even opened the game and it's there!
Microsoft has gotten sketchier and sketchier with stuff like that but I'm so tied into their products, (Windows), that I can't really do anything about it. I think they realize this is the case with most people and have started to get comfortable with their level of customer reliance on their products.

spirit

Staff member
Microsoft has gotten sketchier and sketchier with stuff like that but I'm so tied into their products, (Windows), that I can't really do anything about it. I think they realize this is the case with most people and have started to get comfortable with their level of customer reliance on their products.
I don't think this is anything sketchy really, it's a beta game so it's probably just a bug.

Just played the first race, seems nice! Quite a lot of different from Forza 4 and Forza Horizon which are the latest Forza games I have on the 360. No idea what graphics settings I'm using, will have to see, but it played nice and smoothly!

spirit

Staff member
OK so tonight is the first chance I've had to spend some time playing the game. It's nice! A lot like the other Forza games but it all seems good. One weird glitch in the race in Rio - as you approach the coast you can see a Boeing 747 coming in really low to land. One moment it's there, the next it's completely gone! Then you drive a few hundred yards and it's back again! :D

There aren't many graphics options you can change at all. By default it was running at 1080p at medium on my system (in my signature). I put it up to ultra and it still played fine but with some stuttering. High plays smoothly with no stuttering on my system and it looks very similar to ultra.

Darren

Staff member
OK so tonight is the first chance I've had to spend some time playing the game. It's nice! A lot like the other Forza games but it all seems good. One weird glitch in the race in Rio - as you approach the coast you can see a Boeing 747 coming in really low to land. One moment it's there, the next it's completely gone! Then you drive a few hundred yards and it's back again! :D

There aren't many graphics options you can change at all. By default it was running at 1080p at medium on my system (in my signature). I put it up to ultra and it still played fine but with some stuttering. High plays smoothly with no stuttering on my system and it looks very similar to ultra.

There's a ton of graphics options. You have to enable/check something to see them all. There's a full page of them IIRC. The game is weird because it actually changes some settings dynamically to try and hit a target framerate/resolution. I've actually had this cause some really big problems because it would try and lower settings to help framerate but then it ended up severely throttling my GPU for some reason and get terrible stuttering. Sometimes I'd get unplayable amounts of Microstutter and others I'd be running at max settings 60 FPS locked. I haven't gone back to play with it much but there's definitely some funkiness going on with how it works. Disabling all the automatic/dynamic stuff helped it seems.