fps flucuation w/ css

kitmk

whenever i play css now (im on a laptop, specs are 1.8 turion 64, 1gb ram go 7300) i get my normal fps, around 60 but every couple of seconds the fps dips just for a second to >20 and gives a feeling of lag. this happened after a reformat, so i assumed something had been broken during or after (i have reformatted around 4 times now, both attempts 1, 2 and 3 have given me fine performance) so i reformat again, (5th) and it is still happening (i also had a similair problem with bf2, but since most recent reformat seems to be OK) this is unfortunately making the game unplayable

i suppose i can assume it isnt a virus, as this would be bye bye after reformat so it is another program/app interfering, but before reformat i tried everything, fps configs, turning all settings low, closing every other app open and so on, to no avail. any idea anyone, drivers seem to be the same ones as the 1st 2nd and 3rd times

laptop is asus a6000 a6km q013h if you want to know

note: this seems to only be a problem with css not bf2 or any other games
it also does not happen at school on wireless so could be connection related?
it has worked FINE for 3 runs of windows at least. only noticed slow down last format
i get my internet through a desktop connected via usb modem, although using the usb modem into my laptop makes no difference

yes im sure
i think its fixed, i reset the BIOS to defaults and i also had linux hibernated (it was a while since i booted it, forgot it was hibernated) so taht could have been prob, i think its fixed now (the thing at school seems to have been a freak thing)

Back