FPS games on PC with "good" communities

Xizzaar

I'm just looking for FPS games on PC and what i mean with "good" communities is games where people use VoIP ingame.

Used to be so fun to troll around in MW2 back when it was new and alot of people used to play it.

Any tips?

Rit

ARMA seems like it's growing and with ARMA 3 and Dayz release coming this year, it will be bigger. Alot of variation in a game. I hated the game at first, but now it's a blast with the right group. You are able to build bases, save up ammo, do missions for rare gear, more realism than COD4.

Darren

Staff member
If you get in to a good community on Counter Strike or TF2 you can normally just play on certain servers. I'm in the Edge Gamers Organization for TF2 and their servers are fun to play on, especially with a lot of Edge Members.

Xizzaar

Thanks for the replies but maybe i should've explained a little better. I'm looking for a game where alot of people talk with microphones, which can be really hard to find imo.

I've played alot of CoD4, CSS and TF2 but in CoD4 i rarely find servers where people actually talk and when i do find people that talk in CSS and TF2, it's mostly little kids yelling at eachother :/

Aastii

VIP Member
Lots of clans use ts though. You go into the ESF, HC, DS, FUN, any of these clan servers and you can jump on ts with them.

Apart from the valve games and arma very few fps games use in-game voip, they will instead us ts, mumble, skype or ventrillo

mrgcat

Thanks for the replies but maybe i should've explained a little better. I'm looking for a game where alot of people talk with microphones, which can be really hard to find imo.

I've played alot of CoD4, CSS and TF2 but in CoD4 i rarely find servers where people actually talk and when i do find people that talk in CSS and TF2, it's mostly little kids yelling at eachother :/

Have you tried ARMA 2, though usually people are incredibly serious. The only kids you really come across are the intellectual ones usually.

Battlefield doesn't have built in VOIP, but has one tonne of clans.

SuperDuperMe

Battlefield 2 PR if your into cod style shooters, or even cod waw tac realism servers.

If you want a sim experiance go for arma 2 but if you dont like knucling down and listening to a bunch of guys adhering to a rank structure then probably best to stay away.

If like me you love being yelled at arma 2 is an awesome game :p Plus its the most realistic portrayal of weapons handling. (BF3 is NOT before anyone chimes in with that one).

Darren

Staff member
Like I said you gotta find a clan in these kinda games and stick with it if you want an active and mature VOIP experience.