Framerate Problems

wompa_stompa

New Member
I just installed a new motherboard in my new computer because I was having problems with my computer crashing with my old one. Now whenever I play any games (Half-Life 2, WoW) the framerate goes from 64fps to 7fps and back again. It constantly does that and I don't know why. I've updated the graphics card drivers and it still does it? Any help or suggestions would be great, thanks.
 
So I figured out that the system idle process jumps up and uses about half my CPU while trying to run the games. Every time it does that the frame rates go down. Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?
 
So I figured out that the system idle process jumps up and uses about half my CPU while trying to run the games. Every time it does that the frame rates go down. Anyone have any suggestions on how to solve this?
The system idle process is designed to do that, it's not actually putting load on your system though. The purpose of the system idle process is to keep the unused processing power doing something, so that should be high.
 
Back
Top