Frankenbot build

Motana Bob

I have some questions.
I have old parts, a lot of them. Think Pentium 3 and Athlon processors old.
I have several mother boards and ddr mem sticks. All the crap to build a brand new super hot rig from 1996. Back when 40 Gig hd’s were hot, or at least standard for the time.
I am in the middle of something. Not sure what to do with it if it works, looking for insight from someone more experienced than I.
The MOBO’s I have are dell and hp. I have cut out the 20 pin connector from one PSU and grafted it into another power supply, along with the 4 pin connector. Basically I will be powering two MOBOs from one PSU. One 100 Gig hd, I have a 40 Gig as well, not sure what to do with them. If I could figure out how I could probably wire in three hd’s for a total of maybe 200 Gig.
I can put maybe 2.5 G mem from the various sticks I have into both MOBO’S.
I thought I would put a jumper on the power on one MOBO so I can turn them both on with one button.
Now, there are three bus connectors on each MOBO. One for the HD, one for the optical and one that is not used. The bus wires that fit in the plug for the hd also fit in the third and unused bus slot. My thought is to connect the two processors and MOBO’S to one hd through that third bus slot.
I also have several modem cards that I can use, maybe use a small piece of phone line to connect them.
I have, I don’t know…10 or 15 fans of various sizes along with various heat sinks.
My thought is to take the best of the old crap and put it together. Of course there is no way to tell what works and what doesn't. These computers were abandoned for a reason.
I bet the button battery on one or both of those boards has gone dead so the BIOS may be wiped from one or both.
So if I put this together and plug it in what is it going to do? Smoke and fire?
If by some stupid chance it does work, what do I do with it then?
I have a vid card I can use, some ancient pos, not trying to over tax the mighty 420 PSU. Thinking I can just use the vid slot on the main MOBO.
Is this a slave/master processor set up?
Does AMD and Intel play well together? I might have another MOBO for an intel chip I would have to look. Then I could run two intel chips, I think I have a 356 or two around here. Would one gen chip from the same maker work with an older gen chip? Would Pentium 3 work with an older intel chip?
Is this just a server?
I built my own gaming rig so I’m not a complete noob, but I’m not an expert either.
I know just because I can doesn’t mean I should, but what else am I going to do with this antique computer stuff?
Thanks in advance for any insight or advice. I will see if I can post some pics/vid of this thing. It wont be pretty.

Agent Smith

My thought is to connect the two processors and MOBO’S to one hd through that third bus slot.

You can't do that. It sounds like you want to daisy chain multiple CPUs and that simply won't work. Why on earth do you want to run two MOBOs at the same time?

Motana Bob

Because I thought I could, that doesn't mean I should.
As stated above, I have a bunch of antique computer stuff, just trying to make something out of nothing for the heck of it.
If the BIOS is wiped from one motherboard, will that make them work?
Why will it not work?
Thanks for the reply.