free broadband internet access 2Mbps!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rijaalharat

I just get a great news about internet.There is a company in British that would give free broadband internet access 2Mbps when this program is launching on october 2004. :D

Just take a look on http://www.juiceboosted.com to read the explanation.
This program would be blasting to all around the world early, and it's free for everyone join before october 2004, so let gets surfing fastly. :rolleyes:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I'd like to see my 5Mbit cable like get "improved" to 2Mbits :D Nah seriously, there IS a catch (well at least in US/Canada I dunno how the rest of the world works) but there's something called the FCC and they've put a trasnmission cap of 53K on any 56K (or older) device .. the only reason 'x'DSL works and gets around these FCC regulations is becausre they have a specialized modem and require line filtering etc.

Now I didnt bother reading completely but if it's suggesting that a PROGRAM can boost your performance; that's a loada crap unless it's some form of clientside compression which would be a useless comparison (i.e., you compress a 500MB file down to 100MB and then they argue that your connection is 5x faster). The bottomline of inet performance is capped right at your modem; if your modem cant physically handle it than you cant get the speeds. If this program is a publically advertised modem hack then good luck to them as it's only a matter of time before ISPs find out.

In the slightest chance that this isnt some stupid scam, free 2Mbit access isnt that impressive (ok it's fairly impressive over in England as they get screwed hardcore for their internet) but a lot of places (big tech centres and tech-universities etc) have free wireless accesss near and around campus (and with more than enough of a backbone to handle common student arrangements) so I guess it's feasible; my only contest to that would be: why make it a wired connection as that would increase your setup fees... making it wireless would reduce the amount of infrastructure required to get it up and running and since its free, no fancy security/access hardware would be required.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
This is spam, the affiliate ID has been removed from the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.