FREE-DOS on UEFI

Enthropie

Good evening community,

I was reading a lot on the internet (in that forum, google, etc.) and i found some threads about that problem. Everywhere it shows up that it doesnt work to install Free-Dos on UEFI-bootmode systems. But the curious:

I orderd 1 week ago the "HP Pavilion Gaming 15-dk1278ng Gaming-Notebook" (no legacy support, only UEFI) with Free-DOS. I tested it (of course i installed WIN10 via bootable USB) and everything works fine. But finannaly i decided to send it back for some personal reasons. So i deinstalled win10 and create again a bootable USB-Stick (Rufus/balena-etcher) with the Free-Dos version, but it doesnt show up in the Boot-menu after the restart of the system.

Now my question: How can i install back the Free-Dos version, like it was on the factory-delivery-settings? There must be an option, otherwise HP couldnt deliver the Laptop with Free-DOS on it.

Thx in forward and sry for my bad english.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Are you sure the system came with FreeDOS installed on it and not just a blank harddrive?

Enthropie

Yep im sure. In the advanced data despription they listed the OS as FREE-Dos and when i started the laptop the first few times (before win10 instalation) it says: Starting Free-Dos (or loading Free-Dos)....