Free Video Games

GalaxyDreamer90

Now that I'm saving up my money I can't spend any on video games so I'm looking for suggestions for free games. They can be for either PC or Mobile. Since I'm a fan of pokemon and kingdom hearts I already play pokemon go and kingdom hearts union cross x for the mobile and I enjoy them both. My nephews tried to get me into fortnite but though I like the idea of an online battle arena game I don't really like fortnite that much because you're mostly going around this big map looking for people to attack and your usually attacking using guns and stuff like that while I'm more into games where you're attacking with magical powers. I keep thinking I might like league of legends but I hear from others people can get really competitive and mean in that game. Any suggestions for free games that I might like?

AlienMenace

I don't play too many games anymore, I only have (2) that I play on a desktop pc.
1. Township - This can be played on a Windows Platform, you can go to the Windows store to get it. And it can also be played on (3) other devices (Android/IOS/Kindle). But the windows platform will not play with the other (3) platforms. Like if you had two towns going, one on the Windows and one on Android. You can not transfer your town to the other platform.
2. World of Warships - Go to the Windows store and down the game, the only thing that drives me nuts on this game is when there is a new update it takes a while to download.

GalaxyDreamer90

I guess I don't have to have so many games downloaded on my tablet and computer. Out of all the games downloaded on my tablet I only play a few. I suppose I could have a look at warframe. I'm really Into science fiction and fantasy anyway.

Mateo Gonz

If you like multiplayer games and fantasy, check out League of Legends. Does not require an extra powerful PC, so that's nice too.

GalaxyDreamer90

Like I said before I thought about getting into league of legends but I hear the other people that play that game are very competitive and can be mean.

beers

Staff member
Like I said before I thought about getting into league of legends but I hear the other people that play that game are very competitive and can be mean.
Why don't you play it and create your own opinion as opposed to avoiding something simply based on rumor?

There's some f2p mmos that sound more like your cup of tea. Try this list. I enjoyed SWTOR, personally. I like more shooting games so would suggest apex legends in that genre.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/comments/7yxhea/f2p_mmo_recommendation/

GalaxyDreamer90

I'm not that much into Star Wars. Most of what I know about it comes from wikis and watching some Star Wars Rebels. Still I'll be sure to look up SWTOR and see if it looks interesting. In the meantime I'm fine playing kingdom hearts union cross x and pokemon go. Need to play them more now that I got more time since I'm taking the summer off from college and having a very hard time getting a summer job. By the way I'm looking into a free game I remember my friend mentioning called adventure quest. Looks interesting and might join.

Last edited:

Mateo Gonz

Sadly, it can be true. It also depends on if you're playing ranked games or not. People in normal match-made games are much more chill and relaxed. And if you want to play ranked games, but do not want to talk to people, there is a wonderful MUTE button.

GalaxyDreamer90

Sadly, it can be true. It also depends on if you're playing ranked games or not. People in normal match-made games are much more chill and relaxed. And if you want to play ranked games, but do not want to talk to people, there is a wonderful MUTE button.
True there is always the mute button if someone is rude to you. Anyway I'm getting into playing adventure quest 3d on my computer. The great thing is I can play with my friend since she plays the game too. There's also a mobile version of the game so I might also download it to my android tablet.

Mateo Gonz

Why would you join a ranked match and not talk?

To test your skill or to simply play with higher stakes :D I'm not saying you always have to mute, but sometimes it really is necessary, especially in highly competitive games like League. You do not want people screaming at you for an hour.

OmniDyne

To test your skill or to simply play with higher stakes :D I'm not saying you always have to mute, but sometimes it really is necessary, especially in highly competitive games like League. You do not want people screaming at you for an hour.

Ha but just about every multiplayer game has ranked matches, and League isn't any worse than Overwatch or any other multiplayer game when it comes to how people behave. I've been yelled at plenty and I don't let it get to me because I don't take video games that seriously.

That being said, joining ranked matches and not talking is as bad, if not worse, than bad sportsmanship. I'd be willing to bet that 9 out of 10 ranked matches I've lost were because 1 or more players refused to use a microphone and it ruins the experience. In Overwatch ranked (competitive), it's absolutely crucial to communicate, or you will lose. Guaranteed. And it's not even about losing; you can't even use a character to its full ability unless your teammates are backing you up.

Not using a mic because people scream at you isn't a good excuse, in my opinion. You cannot let that get to you and you ruin the game for other people. Plus, multiplayer is a social experience, period.

Bitns

How about Team Fortress 2? In my opinion, it’s one of the most balanced free to play games out there where Valve makes money only with tf2 trade, mere decorations that don’t increase your power in game. The game features many modes, different play roles, hundreds of maps, and unbelievably fun gaming environment where you are likely to find a lot of new friends. Some people may dislike it for the cartoonish graphics, but I love it.

Last edited:

lucasbytegenius

How about Team Fortress 2? In my opinion, it’s one of the most balanced free to play games out there where Valve makes money only with tf2 skins, mere decorations that don’t increase your power in game. The game features many modes, different play roles, hundreds of maps, and unbelievably fun gaming environment where you are likely to find a lot of new friends. Some people may dislike it for the cartoonish graphics, but I love it.
Have you played it recently? I heard it’s stuffed with bots now.

davidhonry54

I am currently playing Silver Pokemon. I am very fond of video games and I play with my friends in online gaming clubs. The games I like most involve using magical powers to attack you. League of Legends keeps catching my eye, but I hear that people can get very competitive and mean when participating in it. That game. Recently, I played in a bad bunny merch shop club. In general, I am drawn to games that involve the ball.

Last edited: