Freeware request...(file sync/autologging/Simple GUIs/PasswordApp)

SoloSL203

There are a few apps im looking for (preferably freeware of course). I figure i would just ask for the 4 here instead of cluttering up the forums.

1. im looking for an app that will let me have 2(or more) folders sync'd up when ever i need them too. For example a folder on my C: Drive, and another in my removable drive (IE: Ipod, Thumbdrive, Flash Card etc.)

2. Something that will log just about every action done on the computer (i have suspicsion someone tampered with my Comp). But i dont want anything too complicated.

3. This is a pretty important app i need. Its mainly for my father, hes pretty computer illiterate and is usually to busy with work to learn. So i need an app that can startup with windows and work like a simplified windows explorer. Some GUI along the lines of Windows Media Center. But something customizable that i can add to it. OF course i plan to teach him how to use a comp fully. But in the mean time he just want to use comp for its benefits.

4. Simple App that will let me attach a password function to any folder, as well as a similar app that will prompt me for a password when i use my thumbdrive on other computers(i plan on getting one soon).

It would be cool if you guys could help me out with this. Well i'm new, but i know some things, so i'll try to contribute as much i can.

Thanx again fellaz

Morb

alternative to windows explorer (shell change)

I am interesting about finding solution with synchronizing two folders, too. I know how to do that, but it is so complicated that I decided to do not make this public ;o). I am sure that very simple solution exists, but I don't know it. So if you find how to make it, please tell it to me too ;).

Now about Windows explorer (shell replacement). The good choice could be "Talisman Desktop"(version 2.8 - maybe newer exists). It is alternative to explorer and can be launched like any other utility and then closed OR can replace current shell(EXPLORER), so if you start comp. this GUI will appear.

It is not hard to find it on the I-net, but as far as I know it is "shareware/trial" 30-day limited edition(if you are not hacker of course ;o) BTW). Try to read help file on this one first(what it takes about). Or choose something else.

I hope that I little helped you :eek: