Freezes while playing games

murdock22

I have had the problem for awhile now but I had thought it was only with bf2, i barrowed a friends copy of COD2 since he doesn't play it anymore and have been playing that. I notice that I get the same freezes with this game. I would be playing and it suddenly stops with the sound looping over and over for about a min or two then it usually returns to normal or I get disconnected. What could be causing this problem?

chupacabra

Happens to me too, but in my case it completely freezes and it can't even be alt or closed via task manager, which i suppose it has to do with the pentiums D

murdock22

you think it has to do with my pentium D? not to be rude or anything but do you have any proof or just the fact that we both had them?

chupacabra

you think it has to do with my pentium D? not to be rude or anything but do you have any proof or just the fact that we both had them?

I have a pentium D as well it freezes, in our gaming forum (Call of duty forum btw) 5 members have this problem as well all of them have a Pentium D

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Do either of you have temperature gauges on your processors? Those two games push hardware pretty hard and could be causing the Pentium D to overheat slightly. If so, you may want to consider lowering some of the settings to ease the load...