Front Panel Connections on new build

reservoirdog

Hi everyone. I'm building my daughter a new desktop (Cheap Word Document/Homework type of machine) I've got a Diablotek Epic ATX Mid Tower case , and a ECS A885GM-A2 Mobo. I can't find any diagram of the front panel connections anywhere in the documentation provided with the Mobo. Can anyone give me an idea as to where to plug the re-set, power, HDD led etc. in? I know they plug into the panel, and I see THAT, but there is no adapter that you plug all the plugs into, then just plug the whole adapter into the panel. And there are no markings on the MOBO next to the panel connector that tells me. Is it just a "process of elimination" thing? Try it one way, if that doesn't work try another? Or is there a "rule of thumb" that I could use? Thanks.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Look on page 26 of the owners manual, it will show you what goes where. What case connections do you have? Is it power switch, power led, and hdd led?

Edit::

the top 2 on the left is for the power led, the top 2 on the right is for the power switch.

Here is an image i created telling you where the connections go.

Attachments

• case connections.JPG
    case connections.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 875
Last edited:

reservoirdog

Thanks a lot Johnb35. That diagram is very helpful, I will try it tomorrow. I really appreciate you and cabinfever taking the time to respond. 3 connections "power switch", "reset switch", and "HDD LED".