Front panel display (power problem)

Pyotr

I've got a case with a display showing clock, temp indicator and CPU fan RPM on the front. Now, every few seconds, this goes out for a fraction of a second, all numbers just disappear. I've also noticed that it seems like either fans or hard drive (probably fans), also stop, for the same amount of time. Why does it do that? Is it very bad?
None of the internal (cold cathode or how it's spelled, and fan light) goes out, it's just the display and fans. :(

joelkyr

Have you tried disabling some of the fans? if not try checking power cables connection for the monitoring hardware that you have, it might be loose.

Pyotr

Praetor said:
Circuitry on crack? :)
Yeah, that's what I've been feeding it. :p

It's a bit worse today, actually. I tried disconnecting stuff, but it was the same.

It's probably NOT the fans that stop.

First of all, the display is odd. Even when I turn the computer off, the temperature is stuck at -26.6 degrees (yes, 26.6 degrees BELOW freezing), CPU fan speed is stuck at 3850 rmp, and the time is 21:44 (with 21 flashing on and off). Nothing happens when I press the buttons (there are two).
When the computer's been on for a while, it sounds like the hard drive is working every time the display goes off.

Think that's all I've noticed so far.

Oh, and even when I turn ALL power off, the display stays the same.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
If the battery was out/low then you'd have intensity problems, not flickering and stuff... still something worth checking

Pyotr

Yeah, if I could only get to it. It's pretty much build-in into the front. >_<

Might as well try emailing the maker. Damn them.

Pyotr

Praetor said:
I meant remove the battery :)
Yeah, and I meant it's totally build-in into the damned lid. ;) At least it seems so. Haven't had the time to check everything, and I don't really want to break it.

Dsk954

did you get this PSU with a case or did you buy it seperatly? Your PSU could be faulty or just plain crappy (no offence) :eek: