Front Panel header issue

Rahul123

Hi, I have a B450 AORUS Elite. Recently when trying to turn my PC on I noticed that there was no power going to the PC when I pressed the power button. I checked the Power Socket and Power cable. After this, I knew the issue was more serious. Thereafter using another PC, I troubleshot the power source, and case which holds the power button. Both components worked fine with this other PC. Lastly, I tried using the trick where you use a screwdriver to connect the power switch on the motherboard which did not work. Thus I've come to the conclusion that it must be this that is the issue.

Other than getting a new motherboard is there any other way I could sort this issue out?

Kind Regards
Rahul

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Are you saying the motherboard works fine in another case? If so, then you can most likely assume that you are grounding out the motherboard and its not starting. Check the location of the metal standoffs under the motherboard, if you are missing one or there is one where its not supposed to be then that is the issue.

Rahul123

Are you saying the motherboard works fine in another case? If so, then you can most likely assume that you are grounding out the motherboard and its not starting. Check the location of the metal standoffs under the motherboard, if you are missing one or there is one where its not supposed to be then that is the issue
No, the motherboard doesn't seem to work outside the case either. There are some lights that do come on when the power supply is turned on which indicates it is getting power. There don't seem to be any standoffs missing. The problems seem to be when trying to turn the system on. Neither of the power switch pins seems damaged either.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Do you have a speaker attached to the motherboard pins? It may give you a beep code to tell you whats wrong. Everything installed correctly like cpu and ram? Tried using only 1 stick of ram?

Just to clarify, did you check the front panel connectors like in pic related?
They can be easy to mix up
Those should be located on the bottom right corner of the motherboard

Attachments

• pwr.png
    pwr.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 4

Rahul123

I Sent the motherboard back to the supplier and they tested the device and said it was working. I thought then that it may be the power supply and have purchased a new one but however it does not seem to work

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
I deleted the second Thread you made on this issue to avoid confusion.

Send a clear picture of how your front panel wires are connected to the board. Also post a picture of your case with the motherboard removed so we can see the actual position of the standoff screws.

Rahul123

Here is a picture of the standoff screws. The Pins I connect power to Re the read 2 pins. I have had this PC working perfectly fine for over a year so there weren't any issues there until recently.

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 12.43.34 PM (1).jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 12.43.34 PM (1).jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 7
  • WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 12.43.34 PM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2022-05-20 at 12.43.34 PM.jpeg
    202.1 KB · Views: 7