Front USB ports

double-dragon

How do I get USB ports on the front of my pc without having to buy one of those things that goes in your device drive bays?
There is a specific hole made for them, but where do I find the actual ports to go there and how are they connected?

Cheers :cool:

ldburroughs

I believe your mobo supports usb2 and your case has a port as well. When I installed my mobo in its case there were cables for usb2/firewire/etc. that was attached to the ports located on the front of the case from inside. Just plug those in to the slot on the mobo (probably reads usb2 on the board itself by the pins.) If it is not evident on the mobo try the manual or look on www.asus.com for your mobo. I believe it's all there. Good luck. Hope this helps.

double-dragon

This is what I want:

16tg76

Where can I get one that is usb2.0?

double-dragon

No you dont have the same mobo. Your's is the Deluxe version, mine is the -X version.
Anyone wanna gimmie some useful input here?

wensk

Well then you're going to have to buy the connector and cable. Look at the specs it appears to support it. Contact Asus or a local cable/computer store. the schematic for the MoBo will show you how to connect it.

when I got my board I had to call them up and get the USB 2 connector since it came with 1.0 and had to swap it

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
You cant find it prolly cuz it doesnt exist or you havnt ... um ...read the manual ;)