[FS] vmodded evga gtx 285 $250

just a noob

up for sale is my gtx 285 $250(just like the title says :p) it has been volt modded, but i haven't really had the time to screw with it, so it is currently clocked at the ssc settings that it came stock with. for anybody looking for a waterblock, this is the FIRST REVISION(1st) of the gtx 285 pcb(meaning only first revision waterblocks will fit)
HEAT

payment: i would like to be paid via paypal
shipping: this will be shipped USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation, and full insurance
pictures:
DSC02159.jpg

DSC02161.jpg

DSC02162.jpg

Twist86

Just for some simple minded people like me what the hell is a volt mod? (aka what does it do)

just a noob

Just for some simple minded people like me what the hell is a volt mod? (aka what does it do)

basically the same thing as overvolting your cpu(it enables higher clocks) as of right now, it's at 1.3v(supposedly the ovp[overvolt protection] limit(which could be 1.4v[i've heard both ways] either way, it involves lowering the resistance of the lower variable resistor and increasing the resistance of the upper variable resistor) hope that answers your questions ;)

Twist86

Well since I can't do either I will consider it the same thing...I mean you melt stuff together in both so its similar enough ^-^

JlCollins005

man if you took a welder to a video card idk what would be left haha, but yes soldering, if you dont mind me asking why did you do the volt mod but not oc it?

just a noob

man if you took a welder to a video card idk what would be left haha, but yes soldering, if you dont mind me asking why did you do the volt mod but not oc it?

it's still on stock cooling, and as for the other card, it's unfixable, borked two of the traces

bomberboysk

traces are fixable, ive done it on xboxs before
Yeah, depending on the level of damage traces are able to be fixed.
Well since I can't do either I will consider it the same thing...I mean you melt stuff together in both so its similar enough ^-^
Soldering uses heat, welding cannot be done on electronic applications because it utilizes a high amperage electric current to create an arc that welds/fuses the parts together.