FSB compatiblility

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
are you sure a 400 fsb cpu works with a 300 fsb supported on the mobo? It's an AMD 2900+ with cheap chaintech mobo, both brand new
Now I see that number, there is no 300MHz Chaintech motherboard, DDR or otherwise (ill assume that was a typo for 333)

Soyo with 430TX chipset, this here baby kicked some serious ass back in her days.
I remember those days :p

I didn't OC it, I bought it from tigerdirect and put it in the board.
I know that was simply illustrating that the setup would work otherwise it wouldnt be set as such :)

Try resetting the memory and video card :)

seldroc

Praetor said:
Now I see that number, there is no 300MHz Chaintech motherboard, DDR or otherwise (ill assume that was a typo for 333)
yep 333.. sorry about that

Try resetting the memory and video card :)
It doesn't work even with the memory out (it should at least start and beep at me, right?), and the video card is intergrated.

I don't know what to do :confused:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
It doesn't work even with the memory out (it should at least start and beep at me, right?), and the video card is intergrated.
Not much will happen without the RAM (it SHOULD beep but not alll boards do this)

I don't know what to do
Possible that the board and/or CPU died?

sherry

Well, I'm certainly no expert by any means, but I had the same problem with my first build-- the fans would spin and the lights would come on for about a second and then shut off.

After much troubleshooting and a little cussing, it turns out that I did not have the CPU seated properly. After I took it out and reseated it, everything started up just fine.

adding on to the posts make sure ur motherboard is not shorting out on the case, if it is metal that is....had that problem with my first build, i got sick of checkin where it was hitting so i threw the mobo on the desk and just let it sit there while i surfed the net