Full tower or half tower case

lanedutch

New Member
Hey guys, just trying to figure out if i could fit all this in a mid tower case or not. I dont want to have to mod the case or add a little extra effort, what do yall think.

MSI 790FX-GD70 AM3 AMD 790FX ATX AMD Motherboard

SAPPHIRE TOXIC 100282TXSR Radeon HD 5850 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Deneb 3.2GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor Model HDZ955FBGIBOX

OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model OCZ3P16004GK

Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive x 2


LITE-ON Black 4X Blu-ray Disc Reader SATA Model iHOS104-08

Thermaltake V1 Max-Performance CPU Cooler with Massive 110mm Blue LED Full-Range Variable Speed Fan CL-P0401

Also, if anyone has any other suggestions on cpu cooler, feel free to express em.
 
well, that would prob fit in a mid-tower. but if you got a full, upgrades, getting inside, and cooling will be better.
 
get full air flow much better

arctic freezer 7 pro rev. 2 for a cpu cooler is also good for its price.

Tuniq tower 120 extreme is most likely the best for cooling and costs $62
 
Last edited:
If you got room to have a full case, get a full... I was dreading the size myself, but I switched to a full and glad I did. :good:
 
Judging from my personal opinions, I would go with a mid tower. Full towers are huge, but like another guy said, if you have the room go ahead. Personally, I have no room for a full tower. I don't know about your space situation. All your components would fit into a mid tower as well.
 
Last edited:
That will fit a mid tower. This is the second comp in my sig.

IMG_7338.jpg
 
You could always compromise and get something in between. The NZXT Tempest EVO is a good example. It's a mid-tower case along the lines of the Antec 900, but it's deep enough to hold an E-ATX mobo, which you usually only see in full-tower cases.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top