Future DSLR Ideas

Calibretto

VIP Member
When it comes down to it I wouldn't buy anything lower then the D80/ D90 on Nikon's side nor 30D/ 40D on Canon's side. I feel that Pentax/ Oly/ Samgsung/ Sony etc, have better offerings in that price range and also even into the higher priced teirs as well.

So you would take a $600 Pentax/ Oly/ Samgsung/ Sony etc. over a $600 Rebel?

Even though Rebels are toys, I think they're still great for beginners.

vroom_skies

VIP Member
[-0MEGA-];1232781 said:
Bob, I'm trying to remember, what is it you told me that you didn't like about your Pentax that my Canon had?
I don't think it was anything I didn't like, more just that the 50D had a nicer review screen and the focusing was obviously faster.
So you would take a $600 Pentax/ Oly/ Samgsung/ Sony etc. over a $600 Rebel?
Even though Rebels are toys, I think they're still great for beginners.
We'll it totally depends on what model. For instance I would take my camera, the K10D, over a xti/ xsi any day. Even though the xsi has some superior features I couldn't take it seriously with the size and build of the body. Also it's not that I hate the x** line, it's just that you can get much better for the price.
The terminology is catching!
It is essentially true lol.

Calibretto

VIP Member
We'll it totally depends on what model. For instance I would take my camera, the K10D, over a xti/ xsi any day. Even though the xsi has some superior features I couldn't take it seriously with the size and build of the body. Also it's not that I hate the x** line, it's just that you can get much better for the price.

Good to know :good:

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Thanks so far, I think I came to the conclusion that I'm stuck.

Stuck between the Canon XS ($510 w/18-55mm) and the Pentax K2000 ($600 w/18-55mm & 55-200M)

I'm thinking the Pentax is the better deal. Note that I'm no longer looking at ergonomics since they look to be very have similar in terms of body shape and button positions.

Irishwhistle

Thanks so far, I think I came to the conclusion that I'm stuck.

Stuck between the Canon XS ($510 w/18-55mm) and the Pentax K2000 ($600 w/18-55mm & 55-200M)

I'm thinking the Pentax is the better deal. Note that I'm no longer looking at ergonomics since they look to be very have similar in terms of body shape and button positions.

Just realize that the K2000 doesn't have weather sealing, but I'm sure it's still a good camera, and that white version... man... :p

vroom_skies

VIP Member
- Are you open to open to buying used?
- The K200D can be had for around $560 with kit lens, I would most likely take that over the K2000 with the two kit lenses.

You can get the K10D for upper $300 or low $400's. Sometimes that includes the kit lens as well.

Irishwhistle

- Are you open to open to buying used?
- The K200D can be had for around $560 with kit lens, I would most likely take that over the K2000 with the two kit lenses.

You can get the K10D for upper $300 or low $400's. Sometimes that includes the kit lens as well.

Very good point. If I preferred toy cameras (which I don't) I'd definitely get the white K2000 though. Personally I'd get the K200D as I like my cameras to be tough and somewhat old-fashioned if you know what I mean... I like the the new technology, but I just don't like how companies seem to be putting as few buttons as possible on their cameras.

Omar, if you're trying decide between the XS and K2000, and just don't want to get a K200D, then I'd go with the (white) K2000 (hey, if you're gonna get a toy, get an awesome one! The XS is somewhat overshadowed by the XSi, which ruins the "cool" factor, if that's what your going for.)

Pentax-K2000-white-1.jpg

Ramodkk

VIP Member
Might be just me but all of a sudden, it seems like the perfect camera for around that price. It's going to be my first DSLR too so I guess anything is good. Of course I'll still look for the best deal.

Well, looks like I'm getting the K200D then. Now I have to wait, my parents owe me most of what the cost will be. For the mean time, save all I can and hope price comes down then or something.

Irishwhistle

Might be just me but all of a sudden, it seems like the perfect camera for around that price. It's going to be my first DSLR too so I guess anything is good. Of course I'll still look for the best deal.

Well, looks like I'm getting the K200D then. Now I have to wait, my parents owe me most of what the cost will be. For the mean time, save all I can and hope price comes down then or something.

So first I got the S700, then you got the S700, then I said I was gonna get the K200D, then you said the same thing... I bet you can't wait till I decide to get a 5D mk2.