Future Gaming PC Need Help!

Knut

I thought about the OS and I am pretty sure that the replacement disk that I have will not install, so I am picking up an OS. I was looking and I want to go with the Windows 7 Proffesional OEM English. I know OEM has some guidelines. But it says something about OPK needed to be preinstalled on the HDD before installing the software? How do I do this? has anyone done this before? Thanks

Knut

Apart from supporting more than 32 gigs of ram is there anything different between proffesional and home premium :p Thanks

spirit

Staff member
Apart from supporting more than 32 gigs of ram is there anything different between proffesional and home premium :p Thanks

Pro has more back-up features and the ability to connect to a domain.

Home 64-bit is limited to 16GB of RAM including RAM on graphics cards.

Knut

Thanks for the link strangehold, I think I'll just go with home premium, I don't need the professional features

Thanks

Knut

Ok all set with my build, not going for CPU cooling for the moment but which one do you guys prefer H100 or Noctua NH-D14? Thanks

wolfeking

banned
D14 of those 2. The H100i is much better, but I would still go for a D14. If you want water, do it right, not one of those posers that are not very much better than a air cooler.

Knut

D14 of those 2. The H100i is much better, but I would still go for a D14. If you want water, do it right, not one of those posers that are not very much better than a air cooler.

So you would go for the D14 over the H100i correct?

spirit

Staff member
If you have high-profile RAM, get the H100. If not, get the Noctua. Be warned though that the Noctua is massive. I'd get the H100 myself.

FuryRosewood

the h-series coolers are very nice, espically with the integrated fan controller, just be sure to do a pull configuration, with push/pull isnt much worth, and having set to pull allows you to clean the heatsink more easily. i gotta elongate some holes on my 1200 so i can set the fans up right

spirit

Staff member
Knut, you are going with a K-series processor aren't you, like an i5 3570K? Because if not (say you're going for a 3470), I don't actually really see the point in aftermarket cooling as the non-K chips can't be overclocked. You should be able to get a nice overclock with a 3570K with either the D14 or a H100 though.

wolfeking

banned
So you would go for the D14 over the H100i correct?
Yes.
I'll suggest the H100i myself.
I would not. The price to performance just is not there. You can get much better temps with a real water cool kit, and for not much money more. Only $10 more.

The h100i will not be $30-40 better performance than a NH-D14. However, if you would get a raystorm RS240 Extreme kit, you will not match the temps with an air cooler. http://www.frozencpu.com/products/1...ng_Kit_w_Free_Dead-Water.html?tl=g30c321s1310

Knut

Knut, you are going with a K-series processor aren't you, like an i5 3570K? Because if not (say you're going for a 3470), I don't actually really see the point in aftermarket cooling as the non-K chips can't be overclocked. You should be able to get a nice overclock with a 3570K with either the D14 or a H100 though.

Yes I have ordered all the parts and I am waiting for them. For now I went with the stock cooler, Ill go for some really high tech thing in the future, not overclocking as soon and I get it... Thanks everyone for all the help