G.Skill vs. Corsair XMS2

tuxify

I guess your right. Whats ultimate got that home hasn't, other than an +$80 price tag and better reviews?

spanky

dream scene, some encryption stuff, blah blah. save yourself the extra 80 bucks and get a nice aftermarket heatsink,fan?

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'd recomend the Corsair XMS2, it's very good, lifetime warranty, can't go wrong!

Also, Vista Home Premium, does the job nicely, that's the one I'm going to get!

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Well If you have the extra $60 I would get the corsair. Personally I would get the cheaper ram, just cause it's so much cheaper.

lovely?

i like OCZ, but thats mainly because i have some. i also have an old stick of Corsair, and it is VERY reliable and heat-resistant. i like corsair, but the reviews on crucial speak for themselves.

tuxify

But remember guys, although Corsair has a better reputation, the crucial a) has great reviews as well, b) is about $80 cheaper before, and $100 cheaper after MIR, and c) overclocks well. I love my Corsair RAM as well, but would it really hurt to go for crucial?

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
But remember guys, although Corsair has a better reputation, the crucial a) has great reviews as well, b) is about $80 cheaper before, and $100 cheaper after MIR, and c) overclocks well. I love my Corsair RAM as well, but would it really hurt to go for crucial?

A, B and C are all good points. If you choose Crucial, it would be a good decision, IMO.

2048Megabytes

I have bought two memory sticks from Crucial in the last month (512 megabyte PC-3200) and had no issues with them. Crucial seems to produce a good product.