Galaxy ace

jon76

Hi, me and my girlfriend both have the galaxy ace, not a great phone but for £7.50 a month on contract I can't grumble. Trouble is, while mine works perfectly, hers has started being really slow, pressing the menu button brings up a black screen that takes ages and any app I go on also takes donkeys years, is this something to do with a setting somewhere? or would you have them exchange it? as you can tell I know very little about phones.

Last edited:

kp101090

Galaxy Ace slow

Samsung Galaxy Ace has just 190MB of internal memory. Thus, if she installed many apps in her phone memory, mobile will become slow. You may go to settings and check for memory usage to see how much phone memory is free. If its less than 30-40 MB, its the culprit.

jon76

We have the same phone but mine doesn't take too much time to load. Does her phone have many apps???

Samsung Galaxy Ace has just 190MB of internal memory. Thus, if she installed many apps in her phone memory, mobile will become slow. You may go to settings and check for memory usage to see how much phone memory is free. If its less than 30-40 MB, its the culprit.

My phone started doing the same thing, it has about 25mb free on internal memory, is there any way apps can be installed on and run from the micro sd? I did install something called advanced task killer thinking there might be too many tasks running at the same time but I found that just caused problems

Sexy_Beast

I used to own this phone until I upgraded to the S3 4G, and I had the very same problem. A good way to remedy this is by deleting all threads in the messaging, uninstall unnecessary apps, and clear the RAM often.