Gameplay/Graphics

Hellfire

whats more important to you.. Gameplay or the graphics,

imho I think gameplay. thats why I love the old classics and even Cs they're are better graphic wise games out there but without the game play I wouldn't bother with them,

what about you?

Timbo

Gameplay definetly..
My favorite game of all time is in 2d, * i think now they have shitty 3d * Uo..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Neither. What impresses me is a non-cheating AI such as per Total Annihilation

Fure6

I think that it depends on which type of graphics you're talking about. I mean, if you're talking about 2D or 3D or if you're talking about like, like, colors and stuff...ya know what i'm talking about? Kind of like composite vidoe vs. component <i don't think that it matters too much.

if you're talking about composite vidoe vs. component vidoe as graphics, then i would choose gameplay.

Hellfire

Yeah, I get what you been, overall 2D graphics on RTS's are ok, I didn't mind RA graphics, thought they was good.. and the game play rocked,

I'm a classic guy myself, Atm I'm playing full throttle, the graphics suck but the gameplay n plot is quality :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I think that it depends on which type of graphics you're talking about.
Indeed. Take Doom3 for instance ... the graphics (and sounds.. possibly more so the sounds) make the game wholly immersive and convincingly terrifying :D

Swifty

I still love Counter-Strike, been playing it for about 3-4 years, tried other games but they just ain't as fun to play.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
At least now i know why Doom3 lagged out so much :p ... tried playing it at Ultra High quality at 800x600 :p ... but DAMN there quite the noticeable difference between High and Ultra quality though :D