Games doesn't work...

Foel

My games (example: Far Cry and Doom 3) Doesn't work anymore :confused: I can play these games about 5 min or less and then my comp reboots or crashes...can someone help me with this?

tristan

You have a heat issue. What kind of board do you have. Just list your complete system specs and fan setup for your rig.

nomav6

have you added anything to your computer that draws a lot of power? and what size is your PSU? you might have to get a bigger one, plus heat could come into play.

Foel

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. It could still be the PSU... 300W might not be enough... should be ... but possibly not

2. What are your CPU temps? Grab something like MBM5 to check.... maybe your memory is too hot too?

3. Since you say you're running a stock cooler, that has me thinking its primarily a cpu overheating problem ... FC and D3 should definitely cook up the CPU temps :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Have MBM do logging and then start the game ... when it crashes, go back and have a look at the temps :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Hmmm it not that high (even for a non-Prescott P4) but it could be a sign that the memory is overheating too ... is that a possability? :)

tristan

Can you post the voltage readings in MBM5 after having it running while playing a game or something? I think its going to be a voltage issue, 300 isnt going to be enough.

Foel

I'm running doom3 from my 200 Gb (Segate Barracuda). I'm going to play it now (Can you tell me what exaclty what reading do you need, 'cause there is lots of them :confused: (sorry)

Foel

Okay i played Doom III and here is the voltages:
Low High

+3.3: 3,23 3,38
+5: 5,03 5,08
+12: 11,67 11,68
-12: -11,94 -11.61
-5: -4,99 -4,89