Games on SSD?

sinasdf

What kind of programs should I put on my SSD?

I recently bought a 120GB Mushkin SSD and I put Windows 7 on it, so I have a good 90-100 left for other use.

I currently play bf3 a lot and would love to get the game to load up quicker, initially and between rounds.
I do have two gtx 570s, so I don't have a graphics problem, and I have 8GB so I think that is sufficient.

However, could I see increased load times by installing on the SSD?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
You only want to put a few games that you use the most on the SSD. Otherwise it will fill up real quick.

allen9600

you definitely dont want to put every single game you have on your SSD, you dont to fill it up all the way. put only more of your primary games and software on your SSD that you use quite frequently. but i would suggest you have a secondary backup drive to store everything else there, like your music and video and whatever videos you have.

but if you play bf3 often, you can throw that onto your ssd for fast loadups :)

Mishkin

You only want to put a few games that you use the most on the SSD. Otherwise it will fill up real quick.

Actually, the SSD will fill up according to how much space you put on it...

you definitely dont want to put every single game you have on your SSD, you dont to fill it up all the way. put only more of your primary games and software on your SSD that you use quite frequently. but i would suggest you have a secondary backup drive to store everything else there, like your music and video and whatever videos you have.

but if you play bf3 often, you can throw that onto your ssd for fast loadups :)

What if he only plays one game? Or two? Can he put every single game he has on it then or no?

-------------------------------------------

To actually ANSWER your question OP, yes, you will see a drastic increase in your loading speeds. My advice: put bf3 on your SSD and rock out.