Gaming: Better CPU or GPU

polkmn

I am about to purchase a Dell XPS Studio 7100 for my new gaming computer and i have the option of 2 different things...

1) AMD Phenom™ II X4 820 + ATI Radeon HD 5670 1GB

2) AMD Phenom™ II X4 945 + ATI Radeon HD 5450 1GB

Mainly what i am asking is should i get a better CPU or GPU for gaming. All i really do on my computer is game so thats my main focus. Also knowing if these CPUs and GPUs with 3GB of memory would run WoW and MW2, those kinda games at a fairly decent framerate would be nice to :D

Any help would be great :D

linkin

VIP Member
Personally I'd take the first option. it seems more evened out (as in both equal in performance, one part isn't too strong or too weak)

vladislav

from what i see the xps 7100 with those specs is about $640...for that money and black friday u can build a wayyyyy better computer for that money that will run wow and mw2 at max settings and good fps

polkmn

The XPS 7100 was originally 999$ but after Dells sale there doing it came down to 499$ unmodified. After i put mods on it i needed it came out to be $689. My budget is about $650 and i would definatlly consider other brands. I just chose Dell because the box looks slick and ive heard good things about the XPS line and its in my budget.

sabbathcrazy

All ways go for the better card if you are using your pc for gaming. All ways go for the better CPU if you are using your pc for video editing programs ect.

polkmn

Wow daisymtc, that computer is cheaper and better then the XPS 7100 lol. I might go for that if me building my own PC falls through for some reason. Tyvm :D

polkmn

Which GPU would you guys recommend for gaming?

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 1GB

or

ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

polkmn

Ok ty, and also, sorry if this sounds nooby XD

But what is "in Crossfire"

I think it has something to do with the motherboard? I know everything about a computer except the motherboard stuff lol im clueless XD

Aastii

VIP Member
Ok ty, and also, sorry if this sounds nooby XD

But what is "in Crossfire"

I think it has something to do with the motherboard? I know everything about a computer except the motherboard stuff lol im clueless XD

multiple GPU setups.

2 or more ATi cards together = Crossfire

2 or more Nvidia = SLI