Gaming computer - First launch

Hello guys, I want just little advice from you. I built brand new computer from these components:
Intel Core i7 7700K
Asus PRIME Z270-P
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080Ti FTW3 GAMING
Kingston 32GB DD4 300Mhz
Kraken x62 watercooling AIO
NZXT s340 elite
etc.

what should I do before playing some games. Like, what drivers should I install and others. Cause I think, that my GPU is overheating. When I started to play PUBG, the case was almost on fire.

Get bad feeling about setting this machine really wrong.

P.S. Sorry for my english, I´m not from any english speaking country.

Thanks for advices. Have a good day.

_Glitch

What's your casefan configuration?

What's the CPU temps under load?
You can use "core damage" to put 100% load on your CPU and monitor it with CPU-ID

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would suspect cpu is overheating due to wrong water cooler installation or possible bad case airflow. Are there fans in the front?

_Glitch

That's a pretty good result. Seams like your PC is working fine.
How about adding an additional exhaust fan. Preferably top mounted. Might take away some of the heat inside the case that's building up.

What's your case fan setup btw? and is the Kraken x62's radiator fans installed as intake or exhaust?

_Glitch

That's the exact setup i would have used. Can't tell what the problem is then... if there even is a problem.
I haven't had a case with a tempered glass window before. Maybe they just get hot to the touch quickly were as acrylic does not. I don't know.

Hey Forum, does anyone of you guys have experience with the difference between acrylic and tempered glass as opposed to heat absorption?

Last edited:
Thanks :) and thanks, all of you, for your replies. It's my first build, so I just want to be everything fine. And if you say so, then it is. Thank you.