Gaming Computer suggestions

Zobie

I need a new medium priced gaming computer if you know any good ones please post their name and where I could buy it. Also it needs to atleast have these requirements.

OSWindows XP, Vista/7 CPUAMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better · Intel Core 2 Duo Processor 2.0GHz or better RAMWindows XP: 1.5GB · Windows Vista and Windows 7: 2GB · PCs using a built-in graphical chipset, 2GB RAM recommended. VideoATI X1800 or better* · nVidia 7800 or better* · Intel 4100 Integrated Graphics or better*
DVD-ROM8x or better *Minimum of 256MB of on-board RAM and Shader 3.0 or better support.

jonnyp11

what is your budget, and building it will give you much better performance than any prebuilt you can find.

Zobie

what is your budget, and building it will give you much better performance than any prebuilt you can find.

My budget is very cheap only around $300-$500. I also have no experience in building computer. Is it worth learning?

igotmor

also a suggestion for a nice gaming laptop under $1000 (whether it has the above requirements or not doesn't matter as long as its good for gaming).

Timmorgz78

My budget is very cheap only around $300-$500. I also have no experience in building computer. Is it worth learning?

yes it is, it saves you a lot of money and plus you get to pick what you want, which parts to leave out or add on. I've bought decently priced pre built computers that have done well for me (gaming), but those have all been over 900$

Zobie

yes it is, it saves you a lot of money and plus you get to pick what you want, which parts to leave out or add on. I've bought decently priced pre built computers that have done well for me (gaming), but those have all been over 900$

Do you know any non gaming computer that would meet the requirements?

jonnyp11

also a suggestion for a nice gaming laptop under $1000 (whether it has the above requirements or not doesn't matter as long as its good for gaming).

create your own thread, don't hijack other people's

as for the op, that's doable, i'll throw something good together that'll play some games, but won't get you high res/settings.

jonnyp11

hey, con you pull a 550 budget as i have one put together on another thread that's good, but otherwise i can drop some of the stuff down to like a 500gb hdd and 4gb's ram which will probably be more than enough for you anyways. and btw that's with 25 in mail in rebates, and the gpu is fairly good too

Last edited:

Casey

hey, con you pull a 550 budget as i have one put together on another thread that's good, but otherwise i can drop some of the stuff down to like a 500gb hdd and 4gb's ram which will probably be more than enough for you anyways. and btw that's with 25 in mail in rebates, and the gpu is fairly good too

4 Gbs of DDR will work great, especially in a budget position like his. :D.

Sounds good.

Zobie

Could you post a link to thE thread

Zobie

Could you post a link to the thread and I'm still gathering money and it probably won't be till December till I have enough.

Perkomate

maybe a Dell Inspiron 15R with the I7? $999AU, don't know about America. That should run most games on full, and its reliable.

jonnyp11

Could you post a link to the thread and I'm still gathering money and it probably won't be till December till I have enough.

by december the list i would give you will be completely different, prices drop and new components come out, the computer market changes rapidly, so no need to plan until a week or 2 ahead of time.

Zobie

by december the list i would give you will be completely different, prices drop and new components come out, the computer market changes rapidly, so no need to plan until a week or 2 ahead of time.

K thank you for the advice. I've found a good website for customizations. It's above budget but i will Probably be using it now. Thanks again

jonnyp11

most customization sites are a ripoff, i looked at several, ibuypwer i think was 1, and when you upgrade a part, they add on the retail amount without taking out the amount for the part they take out, so unless they ship it with it then they charge you for a part you don't get.

Zobie

I think it was IBP gamer Mage. Their website looks nice but some of those reviews I've seen are really bad. Do you know a good website for customizations?

jonnyp11

actually it looks like a good deal, but i'v been told they aren't a good site for waarranty and all that stuff, but truly building your own is the cheaoest and best way to go, and you get the best quality parts and all, and it's actually pretty easy to build a comp as long as you have a screw driver and some common sence.