Gaming computer

Kilauea

banned
For CoD 4 it wouldn't be a problem, but for Crysis, it would be superb, depends on what resolution u plan to play. I would suggest getting at least a HD 4870 or a GTX 260. Also, looking at NCIX, its a great store for Canada and from what I've seen, better prices than Newegg in Canada.

2048Megabytes

I know very little about the video games you want to run but you have made pretty good selections on most of the hardware. What operating system are you going to choose (Windows XP or Vista)? Are you having these items shipped to Canada? I think your case is too expensive and so is your RAM.

XION II XON-103 Black SECC Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - $76 (and comes with an extra 450 Watt power supply you could sell).

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811208008

This RAM will work with your motherboard and is about $10 less:

Patriot Extreme Performance 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit - $66

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220227

KJS

Price match anything from Newegg with NCIX. If they have a store near you, go pick it up from there, save shipping. I think the 4GB of Ram is cheaper @ NCIX, check.

Kilauea

banned
Its not only that NCIX is cheaper in prices... Shipping is much cheaper and so are taxes it seems.

I just did a little check without any PM.

Sonata Plus
E8400
7200.11 500gb
P5Q-Pro

Newegg.ca : 611.96 + 77.67(taxes) + 50.23 (cheapest shipping)
NCIX: 604.88 + 30.24(taxes) + 34.23(cheapest shipping after I ignored free shipping).

Both shippings are done with the same UPS regular, same items, yet there is a 16$ difference. Taxes is just 5% for NCIX for those living outside BC, cuz they are are in BC. Newegg seems to be charging full provincial and federal taxes everywhere.

So, without all the advantages you get of shipping at NCIX, you still should shop at NCIX. What are those advantages ? Price match to get even lower prices. Superb customer service online, I have seen them going out of their way to get things fixed when something went wrong or when something wasn't totally pleasing.

element89

Alright thanks guys, ill definatley check out NCIX. And i will probably be using windows XP but im not real sure.

element89

2048Megabytes

would this graphics card work with the motherboard i chose

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=32991&vpn=AE=4870S+0452&manufacture=Palit Multimedia Inc.

and i live in ontario so i cant go to a walk in NCIX store.
I did some price checks and changed some stuff and it ended up being cheaper going to NCIX but i was just wondering do they charge shipping on every part if i buy them all at the same time, and how much does shipping usually cost? Thanks for the help

That video card is compatible with the Asus motherboard you have chosen. I don't know if your power supply is good enough for the video card though. Anyone know?

Beatem445

One problem, the motherboard only supports 24 pin connection so he will have to get a new mobo or PSU because the PSU is 20+4 pin

Mez

Ahaahahahahahahahaahahahahaahahaa

One problem, the motherboard only supports 24 pin connection so he will have to get a new mobo or PSU because the PSU is 20+4 pin

Your funny =] Do some research before you go posting some "whatever" post.

Keep that PSU its fine. 20+4 Pin FULLY supports 24 Pin connections. 20+4 means it is a 24 pin connector, but the 4 pins are detachable so the PSU can support ATX and mATX motherboards.

Most mATX mobos: 20 Pin

ATX mobos: 24 Pin