Gaming Console for me :P

sudcell

Hi guys

i wanna purchase a gaming console for myself.
Have no experience with consoles ..

Guidance needed regarding which console to buy and why that one..

earlier i was planning to go with the xbox360 but then friends asked me to go with the ps3 instead . .
when asked about ps4, they said since its my 1st gaming console the ps3 would definitely satisfy me in every possible manner. And ps4 is overpriced too :(

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Honestly,I would go with the PS4..I actually think they are decently priced and with Xmas coming up your bound to get some deals on some.

PS3 are good,But its old..and they are still expensive imo..better off putting the money towards the next gen.

jamesd1981

The ps4 is not over priced, it is more expensive than a ps3 because it is the new current generation, ps3 is only cheap now because it`s ancient.

If you are low on budget a ps3 is better than nothing, but if you can afford it ps4 is the best console made so far and is dramatically outselling the xbox one.

speedx77x

PS4 is current gen and that's where most of the new games are coming out, so this would be recommended.

PS3 is a very good console(my personal fav) and has a lot of great games, but to get the true experience out of it you had to be there when it was current gen. So b/t the two the PS4 would be the better decision.

It's also wise to go where your friends are b/c that's where u may have the most fun. Just a tip.

sudcell

Actually ps3 is costing me around 400$

i can't dig my pockets any deeper than that else I'll be broke :D
roughly ps4 will cost about nearly 600$ :(

ninjabubbles3

I have family in India, here I'm fairly sure OP is from, and shipping stuff to them costs maybe 50 bucks at most for large packages

sudcell

I have family in India, here I'm fairly sure OP is from, and shipping stuff to them costs maybe 50 bucks at most for large packages

I'll make it simpler than ever!!

open amazon.com
add any product to cart if around 300$

In address field enter: INDIA
STATE: DELHI
PINCODE: 110023
And check out the shipping costs and customs!!

:)

sudcell

Did some looking around, it would be cheaper to ship it from Hong Kong or Singapore instead of US

Coz they're closer to india than US :)

but its an added advantage to have the products shipped and sold by amazon.com instead of individual sellers, if you know what I mean

beers

Staff member
It depends really on what games you want to play. The PS4/XB1 library is fleshing out more so it's more of a debatable decision than it used to be.

Each console has particular exclusives (Such has Halo for XB1 or The Last Of Us for PS4). If there is a larger library of games for the PS3/360 that you'd want to play then you may be more satisfied with those.

Also, the PS3 currently has more features than the PS4 such as DLNA media playback. This will likely be patched into the PS4 but no timeframe has been given.

Having all four of the consoles, I probably play the XB1 the most, which is amusing to me since I feel it is pretty technologically inferior to the PS4.

I'd also look around a bit more for a PS3 if you were considering that route, $270 USD is really steep.