Gaming keyboard

Geoff

VIP Member
G15 is my favorite, but a bit expensive. The Saitek Eclipse is also a great keyboard for under $50.

Pc_Pimp

I'm gonna use it for alot of games mainly first person shooters. I like the G15 but its pricey and the thing i worry about is buying an expensive keyboard and then a few months later some of the keys stop working or something.

Geoff

VIP Member
I'm gonna use it for alot of games mainly first person shooters. I like the G15 but its pricey and the thing i worry about is buying an expensive keyboard and then a few months later some of the keys stop working or something.
This is my second G15 keyboard, I actually sold my first one because I bought a laptop, but they both worked great for months. The first one I actually bought when they first came out, so there were some driver issues.

Beyond

That's what I've been trying to figure out? Gaming keyboards seem like such a scam.

I'm sure someone like Omega has found a use for his. Other than the programmable macro keys, there is no real advantage.

I think it's a trend, one that the OP is trying to follow with no real goals other than to have a "gaming" keyboard.

Cheese

banned
not true. my G15 helps out a lot! I can shoot the pistol on games at 8 rounds a second! that helps a lot in multilayer!

I'm sure someone like Omega has found a use for his. Other than the programmable macro keys, there is no real advantage.

I think it's a trend, one that the OP is trying to follow with no real goals other than to have a "gaming" keyboard.

Illumination, media controls, yes the macro keys, USB ports on most, a switch to turn off game interrupting keys. Not just a trend, once you get the first, you gotta get another....

spanky

Illumination, media controls, yes the macro keys, USB ports on most, a switch to turn off game interrupting keys. Not just a trend, once you get the first, you gotta get another....

Illumination-annoying, i use my MX for media control, not sure what i'd use the usb for, i've never had a problem with interrupting keys, i don't really understand purpose of macro keys?

Beyond

Illumination-annoying, i use my MX for media control, not sure what i'd use the usb for, i've never had a problem with interrupting keys, i don't really understand purpose of macro keys?

Agreed!

(macros could be useful, but only when I played WoW)

Agreed!

(macros could be useful, but only when I played WoW)

Oh I use them for BF2142 all the time, and for CS:S. Illumination is not annoying, I find it useful at night. Even though I can thoroughly type I like to look down on the keys anyway, on a G11 it's probably not that cheap crap illumination that you guys are used to.

spanky

Oh I use them for BF2142 all the time, and for CS:S. Illumination is not annoying, I find it useful at night. Even though I can thoroughly type I like to look down on the keys anyway, on a G11 it's probably not that cheap crap illumination that you guys are used to.

what do you use the macro keys for in CSS? Also, I have never had an illumination keyboard, nor am I interested in one. I like things dark, sleek.

Geoff

VIP Member
How will a "gaming" keyboard help you out?

That's what I've been trying to figure out? Gaming keyboards seem like such a scam.

Granted it wont give you better FPS or anything, but I love my G15 for a few reasons. First, the keys have a backlight so I can see the letters much easier at night then a standard keyboard. Secondly, the LCD screen is great! I usually leave it on the clock mode so I know what time it is when i'm gaming, or I use the performance monitor to see how much RAM and CPU usage i'm using. A few other things I like are the media controls, USB hub, and a gaming mode which disables the Windows Start button.

The Macro keys are cool, but theres no real benefit for me since I mainly play CSS.

lovely?

would the G15 help me out on age of empires III? like for small stuff, like the lcd? is it even compatible?

Geoff

VIP Member
would the G15 help me out on age of empires III? like for small stuff, like the lcd? is it even compatible?
The G15 is compatible with a handful of games, so no, I dont think it would have an LCD applet for AoE3. But you can use the macro keys still, or create your own LCD applet.