Gaming laptop

monkponna

hi everyone,
Once again hi to all, i wanna buy notebook,http://www.computerforum.com/images/icons/icon3.gif
Lightbulb It is to be gifted to my son who 19 years old likes to play games like NFS -most wanted- prostreet, call of duty, metal gear solid etc . My bro has nhuge collection in PC games. The reason i wanna gave this notebook is - '' to stop using my Pc '' which i had complete kept for music propose. For price in and around http://www.computerforum.com/images/icons/icon2.gif
Arrow $ 1100 - 1250
I wanna get a laptop for games as well as for few software to run like Photo shop, movie editors etc.Can anyone advice me for nice game laptop and with good graphics card too which could play games.
Please suggests the specifications for the laptops along with the brand.

http://www.computerforum.com/images/icons/icon7.gif
Smile Please reply, and provide links for the models possible for me to check

DV83R

im not sure where ur from and cannot tell so i cant tell prices, but in australia i paid 1900 for mine and it is what is classified as gaming. but ur looking at at least another 1000 on top of that.

spamdos

im not sure where ur from and cannot tell so i cant tell prices, but in australia i paid 1900 for mine and it is what is classified as gaming. but ur looking at at least another 1000 on top of that.

you will find that prices in the states are relatively cheaper. unfortunately it is much harder to find a good deal here in aus. you should be able to get a decent gaming laptop for between 1500-2000 U.S which would be better specced than the equivalently priced australian laptop

DizzlyDood

[-0MEGA-];1101308 said:
Best Buy has the best gaming laptop, the Gateway P-7811FX. I had this laptop and I can tell you it's the best gaming laptop there is for the price, much better then what you will find on Newegg.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=7811&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587727985

wow...I've been looking for a decent gaming laptop for a couple weeks now. I was almost completely settled on the ASUS G series on Newegg....This Gateway is great...P8400 which is more than decent, 9800GTX with 512 of GDDR3 memory=wow and 4gb of DDR3 RAM. This is a very impressive laptop for the price. Consider it purchased as soon as I get off work.

Forgot to Add, Thanks Omega!

throne

[-0MEGA-];1101308 said:
Best Buy has the best gaming laptop, the Gateway P-7811FX. I had this laptop and I can tell you it's the best gaming laptop there is for the price, much better then what you will find on Newegg.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...=7811&lp=1&type=product&cp=1&id=1211587727985

Wow that is impressive. Would this laptop be able to play Crysis and what not? I don't think I will actually get that game, but It's a good judge of performance. I mostly want to know if it will be able to run Diablo3 and maybe starcraft2 with everything set to high or at least most things.

Geoff

VIP Member
wow...I've been looking for a decent gaming laptop for a couple weeks now. I was almost completely settled on the ASUS G series on Newegg....This Gateway is great...P8400 which is more than decent, 9800GTX with 512 of GDDR3 memory=wow and 4gb of DDR3 RAM. This is a very impressive laptop for the price. Consider it purchased as soon as I get off work.

Forgot to Add, Thanks Omega!

Wow that is impressive. Would this laptop be able to play Crysis and what not? I don't think I will actually get that game, but It's a good judge of performance. I mostly want to know if it will be able to run Diablo3 and maybe starcraft2 with everything set to high or at least most things.
No problem, I was settled on an Asus laptop as well from Newegg until I saw that, honestly Newegg doesn't have good deals on laptops (most of the time). As I said before, I used to have that laptop and it played most of my games very well (such as TF2, CSS, COD4, etc). I tried the Crysis demo and it ran fine, obviously not maxed out but on medium settings it was fine.

Gaming Laptop='s Waste of Money
How so? For the price it's an excellent laptop, I think it's worth paying a few hundred dollars more over a mid-ranged laptop to have the ability to play games if you so choose.

ikermalli

It's only a waste if you don't game on your computer, keyword is GAMING teamhex. That is like how some people have PS3s and Xbox 360 most of the time you do not see people buy them to chat or use it for the blu - ray player (I only know one person who did that)

throne

I think it would be worth it for me. If u think about it when u buy a gaming computer you have to add in a monitor, which comes with the laptop. It is a little depressing that you cant really upgrade the laptop, and that is the one thing that I'm really concerned about.

Omega, you said you HAD it...what happened to it or why did u get rid of it?

throne

Is it weird playing on a laptop at all? I'm not totally sure if I want to get one. I'm in the military, and I may be going to a 6 month schooling where I'm not sure if I will be able to bring an entire desktop, so that is one of the main motivators, but also because I could bring it with me if I were to go out of town or anything like that.

Also, can you hook an xbox up to it so that the laptop screen is like the T.V.

Geoff

VIP Member
It's not bad, but you need an external mouse. You can also get a TV tuner or video capture card to use a console on your laptop, although it's just standard definition.

throne

Ok well thanks. I'll have to think about it...maybe if there is a really good deal on black friday I will pick it up.