Gaming Mechanical Keyboards

giddaynamesjack

Hey guys, so I'm looking for a good mechanical keyboard, which I will mostly use for gaming. I don't want to spend all that much, like no more than $150, but in saying that the Ducky Shine 3 looks really good. Are there any suggestions of good mechanic keyboards? I'm thinking of going cherry red, and if possible have a blue backlit.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
I have a Steelseries 6GV2 and I really like it. It did take some getting used to though. The \ key is not in a place I particularly like but I don't need it that often so I got over it.

giddaynamesjack

Yeah, I was trying to avoid gamer brands as like you said, they are incredibly expensive. But yeah I'll check out those ducky ones. Also for gaming, which would be more preferable? Cherry red or cherry black?

linkin

VIP Member
It depends on your preference.. Some like the tactile bump of when the key actuates, I find I don't need it as I don't look at the keyboard when I type, or when playing games it's easy to tell when the keys are activated (by performing actions). You can also get blue switches which have a bump and an audible click to them. I'm not fond of those though.

aimmach

Best one in my opinion is the corsair vengeance k70. it has red LEDs. if you really want blue LEDs then go for the k95. more expensive and slightly better version still is under $150.

MazendaLee

Don't get a gaming branded one, they're overpriced. You can have a nice Ducky model for $100

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA23C0NR9253

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA23C0P06539

Newegg only has the models with linear switches, reds are lighter than blacks. My Filco has black switches, I don't find them too hard to press or hold down. They're comfortable for me, but your tastes may vary.

Yes, I had the same thought. Gaming brand laptops are too expensive. Unless your kife is completeky on gaming, it's ok to purchase one.

Last edited:

Jamebonds1

Yes, I had the same thought. Gaming brand laptops are too expensive. Unless your kife is completeky on gaming, it's ok to purchase one.

No, were not talk about laptop you know that. You never have a gaming equipment before do you? It is design to make gamer comfortable, program key, led built in and more key active for gaming.

Mez

Coolermaster make some nice mechanical keyboards, and you can usually find them under $100. I have the quickfire TK with mx blues, got it for $74.99 brand new