Gaming Mouse

EsPY

Hey does anyone have any suggestions for a gaming mouse? I play all types of PC games from FPS to RTS.

thanks in advance for your input

tossy

I have experience with using Logitech Gaming Mouse G500, which is nice to handle and easy to work.

jtm9emo

Found this, it may help you:

"The difference between a regular optical mouse and a laser mouse is the light used to track movement. A regular optical mouse uses an LED light in the optical engine, while a laser mouse uses a laser to track movement. The more dots per inch (dpi) a mouse can track, the more sensitive and accurate it is. A typical optical mouse tracks between 400dpi and 800dpi, while laser mice track more than 2,000dpi.

Neither is really better; it all depends on your needs and preferences. Unless you're a gamer or a graphic artist with a need for precise movement, you'll probably find a 2,000dpi laser mouse too sensitive. Many gaming mice, however, allow you to switch sensitivity levels so that you have precision when you need it but can revert to 400dpi or 800dpi for regular mousing.

Besides their tracking speeds, laser mice work on nearly every surface, whereas optical mice may experience trouble tracking on black or shiny surfaces."

Source: CNET: How are laser and optical mice different?

Troncoso

VIP Member
I love the logitech g9x gaming mouse.....yes I do. Customizable weight, different gripping plates, color changing led, easy dpi switching....fun stuff.

Edit....though after watching the video for it, the R.A.T series seems very mice too

Last edited:

Dropkickmurphys

The MX518 is a brilliant budget gaming mouse. It all depends on your budget, like the G500 (or its predecessor the G5) is a brilliant mouse thats like an "improved" MX518. I personally have had a MX518 for about 4 years now and it's awesome! :)