Gaming/Multitasking For $800

Pck21

thanks

but also would just one 9800GTX be a better option

Than putting 2 9800GTs in SLI? Yes and no. For gaming, it will probably give you a few more frames per second, but it will also cost more and consume more power. My one 9800GTX is great but I just wanted to future proof my computer for upcoming games and Crysis. Are you a hard core gamer or do you just play the occasional MMORPG every once in a while? You have to consider this to justify spending so much time, money, and effort with these kinds of things. Plus that will put you over your budget too...always consider that.

emac227

Than putting 2 9800GTs in SLI? Yes and no. For gaming, it will probably give you a few more frames per second, but it will also cost more and consume more power. My one 9800GTX is great but I just wanted to future proof my computer for upcoming games and Crysis. Are you a hard core gamer or do you just play the occasional MMORPG every once in a while? You have to consider this to justify spending so much time, money, and effort with these kinds of things. Plus that will put you over your budget too...always consider that.

well i am a pretty hardcore gamer and i usually play to win so i guess so lol i clan battle and gamebattles and stuff i want to be able to run COD6 on high when it comes out and cod4 also
and Q8200 its cheaper or Q6600?

emac227

i decide to not do newegg thanks tho
can anyone find me a good cheap case on ncix.com

Last edited:

Pck21

well i am a pretty hardcore gamer and i usually play to win so i guess so lol i clan battle and gamebattles and stuff i want to be able to run COD6 on high when it comes out and cod4 also
and Q8200 its cheaper or Q6600?

Haha no not that kind of hard core! I mean do you play a ton of games and always the newest games kind of thing? If you all you do is play WoW and COD4 once in a while, then you're fine. If you play Crysis and want to play the newest games coming out in the 6 months, you will be able to, but probably not on very high settings with just one 9800GT. I'm sure you'll be able to play something like COD6 just fine once it's released.

Intel_man

VIP Member
yes and tons of ppl liked bush... but that doesnt meen he was a good president

plz, just go with newegg

Wow... and you're giving advice on hardware because?? Seriously...

I've bought things from NCIX all the time. They have 4 stores across Metro-Vancouver, and their shipping is reasonable because they don't use crappy UPS. I've also have tons of friends that I recommend them to NCIX and they never went back to any other store.

If you buy from their weekly specials, the big huge honking picture on their home page, you'll find very nice and cheap deals.

Not sure about having stores in Toronto, but I think they have a warehouse over there.

Last edited:

emac227

scratch this im buying a prebuilt with a Q6700, 750GB and 6GB of ram and a 9500 GPU which will be upgraded later